Play Online Baccarat at Casino.com NZ
Baccarat OnlinePlay for realPremium Baccarat OnlinePlay for real
Table of Contents:
Baccarat is a mainstay in countless casinos all over the world and it’s one of our most popular games here at Casino.com NZ. It’s simple, easy to learn, and offers a selection of betting options and outcomes.
In this guide, we’ll tell you all you need to know about playing Baccarat, covering the best strategies, tips, and betting options, while also discussing the odds and rules. This is your complete guide to playing online Baccarat, brought to you by Casino.com New Zealand, the best place to play Baccarat online.
Rules: How to Play Baccarat?
- Table Layout: In a game of Baccarat, players have their chips in front of them and can also see betting spaces for “Player”, “Banker”, “Tie”, and whatever side bets that particular variant of Baccarat has to offer.
- Betting Options: Players can wager on several different outcomes, including Player, Banker, and Tie. The hand that is closest to 9 is declared the winner but only the second digit counts when the score enters double figures. For instance, on a score of 15, the actual score would be 6.
- Card Values: In Baccarat, all Aces count as 1, cards from 2 through to 9 counts as their face value (which means 5 counts as 5; 9 as 9, and so on) while 10s and picture cards count as 0. See the table below for more information.
Card Value Example:
8 + 6 = 14 Hand counts as 4 6 + 6 + 6 = 15 Hand counts as 8 10 + 9 = 19 Hand = “Natural” 9 King + Ace + 3 = 4 Hand counts as 4
- 3rd Card Rule: When the Player or Banker has an 8 or 9, they automatically stand, which means no more cards are dealt. The Player will also stand on a 6 or 7. However, if the player has 5 or less, they will get another card. The Banker will also hit if they have 5 or more and the Player stands.
9 + 5 = 14 Actual score is 4 5 + 3 + 5 = 13 Actual score is 3 10 + 9 = 19 Considered a “natural” 9 9 + 2 + 2 + Ace + 4 = 18 Considered a “natural” 8
In addition to the three betting options outlined above, there are also two main side bets.
These side bets are offered alongside the usual betting hands and, depending on the type of side bet, it’s possible to lose the main bet and win the side bet.
The two most popular side bets are Player Pair and Banker Pair. In both cases, the player is wagering that the first two cards dealt with either the Player and/or the Banker will be a matching pair. For instance, if the Player is dealt a Four of Hearts and a Five of Diamonds, the Player Pair bet will be settled as a loss, but if they are dealt a Six of Clubs and a Six of Hearts, it will be settled as a win.
These side bets have a pay rate of 12 to 1 and players can choose to bet only on the main game, on the main game and the side bet, and only on the side bet. In instances where players bet on both the side bet and the main game, the outcome of the side bet will be settled first and the game will then continue as normal.
Odds and Payouts
The odds that a player will win a single hand of Baccarat are 44.62% while the odds that they will lose are 45.82%. However, this doesn’t paint a complete picture, as there are ways to reduce those odds.
Baccarat Payout Table
Bet Type Payout Dealer 0.95:1 Player 1:1 Tie 8:1 Player or Dealer Pair 11:1 Perfect Pair 25:1 Either Pair 5:1 Big 0.54:1 Small 1.5:1
The house edge on a Tie bet is 14.4%, which is higher than any other bet and is also higher than many other card games. The Player bet, however, drops to a very low 1.35% and the Banker bet drops even further to just 1.06%. This is why many experienced players recommend avoiding the Tie and sticking only with the Player and Banker bets.
For more information, consult our Help section below.
Top 3 Strategies
To help you get ahead playing games of Baccarat, take a look at the following tips and strategies.
- Bet on the Banker - As mentioned above, the Banker bet is one of the best bets in a game of Baccarat. The house edge for a Banker bet is just 1.06%, which equates to a return to player (RTP) of 98.94% and is one of the highest payout bets on any card game.
Armed with this information, many players choose to limit their bets to the Banker, and why not? If someone gives you the option between betting on two different outcomes, and notifies you that the payout is the same but the probability is slightly different, you’ll be more inclined to opt for the bet with the highest chance of winning.
This is what the Bet on the Banker Baccarat strategy is all about.
- Don’t Bet on a Tie - If the Banker is the best bet then the Tie is the worst. Many inexperienced players are tempted to bet on the Tie as it offers the highest payout at an impressive 8 to 1. However, the odds of it landing are 14.4%, which means the payout is disproportionate to the odds, more so than any other bet.
If you were to make 1,000 bets over the course of 1,000 games without deviating a single time, you would lose a lot more betting on a Tie than you would be betting on a Player or Banker. As a result, many experts choose to avoid the Tie bet altogether and recommend that other players do the same.
- Money Management - Proper bankroll management is essential for any gambling game. A bankroll is a money that you use to gamble, and if you want to stay safe, you need to set this amount carefully and then avoiding increasing it without careful consideration.
Choose an amount that you can afford to lose, an amount that will not leave you short, and then deposit this into a web wallet or your online casino account. This money should last you for a week or a month, and you should avoid depositing more.
The goal is to only increase your bankroll with your winnings and to avoid depositing more until the new week or month rolls around.
Bonuses and Promotions
In addition to the best real money Baccarat games, Casino.com NZ is also home to the biggest and best bonuses, with a plethora of options for new players and loyal players alike.
Before you rush off to join the site and start playing this popular card game, take a look at our Promotions pageto see if there are any new offers you can apply for. If you are a new player making a first-time deposit, you can benefit from our new player Welcome Bonus, which typically provides a matched deposit bonus and other benefits.
All Casino.com NZ Baccarat games can be played on mobile, and this is often one of the best ways to play.
With a smartphone or tablet, you can truly immerse yourself in the action, bringing all the joys of the Baccarat table to the palm of your hands. With crisp graphics, smooth animations, and icons that were made to work with smaller, high-res smartphone and tablet screens, this is the best way to play online Baccarat on the go.
Just remember, when playing on your mobile device it is important to connect to a secure Wi-Fi network at all times. Public networks may not be secure and could be putting your information at risk.
Help and Support
Got a few questions about Baccarat game? There are a few ways you can get some help:
- In-Game Help: Every game of virtual Baccarat has a built-in help file, where you can learn all about the rules, payouts, odds, betting options, and more. Just look for the hamburger menu (displayed as three horizontal lines) in the top corner and this will give you what you need.
- Dealer Help: If you’re playing Live Dealer games, then put your questions directly to the dealer. Their job is to deal, but they’re also there to help, and if you have a question about the game or the betting options, you can use the Chat Box to ask them.
- Customer Support: The Casino.com NZ Customer Support team is on hand to help you with your queries when needed. You can contact us any hour of the day and any day of the week, with options including Live Chat, phone, and email. Our professional and helpful reps will give you the help you need without delay.
If you still have a few questions about playing Baccarat at Casino.com NZ, then take a look at the following frequently asked questions. And if you still can’t find the answers that you seek, take a look at our help section above.
- How to Win at Baccarat?
There is no easy win to beat the game of Baccarat. However, if you learn about the game beforehand, prepare your bankroll, and stick to a strict budget, your chances of getting a return will increase.
All casino games have a house edge and are weighted in the casino’s favour, but some games have a much lower edge than others and Baccarat is one such game.
- What’s the Best Strategy for Baccarat?
One of the best strategies is to avoid Tie. There is a slight difference between the odds for a Player and Banker bet, but both provide high payouts. The same can’t be said for a Tie, though, so many players avoid it.
In addition to avoiding the Tie, many experts also recommend that you stick with Banker bets, as this offers the highest chance of success.
- Has Anyone Beat Baccarat?
Believe it or not, there are professional Baccarat players out there. Many of these transition from Poker and Blackjack or play all three games, taking advantage of the low house edge that these games provide.
So, in answer to the question, yes, people have beaten Baccarat and the best players beat it all of the time. But it is still a game of chance and, as a result, there is always a risk.
- Is it Safe to Play Baccarat at Casino.com NZ?
Casino.com NZ is one of the safest places to play online casino games like Baccarat. We use advanced SSL certificates and work with some of the best regulators in the world to ensure you’re always safe and secure.
Whenever you play Baccarat on your desktop or your mobile, you can rest assured that your information is safe, your transactions are secured, and every bet that you place is completely fair.
- Can I Play on my Mobile?
At Casino.com NZ, you can play multiple variants of Baccarat on your mobile device, with support for tablets and smartphones using both the iOS and Android platforms. Take a look at our Mobile section above to learn more about playing Baccarat on mobile.
Play for Real Money
Now that you know all there is to know about the game of Baccarat, there’s only one thing left to do: Play!
You’re spoilt for choice when it comes to Baccarat titles, with options for virtual games, which are played against the AI in a fast and streamlined format, to Live Dealer Baccarat, which takes you into the heart of the action with real dealers, cards, and equipment.