Play Online Baccarat at Casino.com
Table of Contents:
Despite its reputation as a complicated game that favored by high rollers, Online Baccarat might be the easiest table game to learn to play. There are just three possible bets to play, and once the bet is placed, the punter has no more decisions to make. Everything is determined based on the cards on the table.
If you’re looking for the best online casino to play online Baccarat, you’ve come to the right place. Casino.com has earned its reputation as the top destination for online casino players. This is primarily due to the wide variety of games, including Commission and No-Commission games and an active Live Dealer Baccarat table. You’ll also find several Baccarat tables that include the added excitement of a progressive jackpot.
With top-notch graphics and animations, from leading casino game developers around the world, Casino.com is dedicated to bringing the best Online Baccarat experience right to your home or mobile device.
Learn all the rules, including the betting options, and top strategies in this ultimate guide to Baccarat.
Rules: How to Play Baccarat
When you play Online Baccarat, you aren’t trying to beat the banker or other players. You are essentially playing against your bet. There are just 3 possible bets:
- Player has closest to 9
- Banker has closest to 9
- A tie occurs when both Banker and player have the same point total
To win the bet, the outcome of the cards must match up with your bet, whether you look at your cards or the Banker’s just depends on which bet you made.
To win in Online Baccarat, you’ll need to bet on the hand that has closer to 9 total points unless you bet a tie. Their card values are a little different than you might be used if you’ve played Online Blackjack or poker.
- Cards 2 – 9 are worth their face value
- Ace is worth 1 point
- 10, J, Q, and K are worth 0 points
Another difference between Baccarat and Blackjack is that there is no “busting” when you go over the 9 points. However, you can’t have more than 9 points. What happens is that you just subtract 10 points, and what’s left is your point total.
For example, if you’re dealt a 7 and a 4, instead of 11 points, you’ll have 4 points. A pair of 5’s is worth 0 points, and two K’s are also worth 0 points.
The big decision that you’ll have to make before the cards are dealt with is where to place your bet on the table. Once you decide between Player, Banker, or Tie, you can click on the Deal button, and the cards are dealt. Neither the player or Banker can choose to “hit” and get more cards, so there is no need to worry that the Banker will jeopardize your wager with a bad decision.
The banker hands out 4 face-up cards, two for the player, and two for the Banker. A third card will only be dealt with in the following situations.
- If either hand is dealt with 8 or 9 points, no one gets a third card. This is called Natural.
- If the Banker has 7, 8, or 9 points, it must stand.
- If the player has 6, 7, 8, or 9 points, it must stand.
- If the player has 5 points or less, it will automatically receive a 3rd card, unless the Banker has a Natural.
- If the player has 6 or 7 points and the Banker has 5 points or less, it will receive another card.
When the player receives a third card, the banker rules are as follows.
- Always get a third card if it has 2 points or less unless the player has a Natural
- When the Banker has 3 points, it receives a third card as long as the player doesn’t have a Natural.
- If the Banker has 4 points, it receives a third card unless the player has 0, 1, 8, or 9 points.
- If the Banker has 5 points, it only receives a third card when the player has 4, 5, 6, or 7 points.
- If the Banker has 6 points, it receives a third card if the player has 6 or 7 points.
- If the Banker has 7 points, it stands regardless of how many points the player has their hand.
Online Baccarat Side Bet Options
One of the most exciting parts of Online Baccarat is the side bets. These are a great way to put some additional action on each round.
You can make the following side bets at Casino.com:
- Player Pair: Bet that the player will be dealt with a matching pair of cards.
- Banker Pair: Bet that the Banker will be dealt a matching pair of cards.
- Big: Bet that the total number of cards dealt will be either 5 or 6. For a Big to occur, neither the player or Banker can have a Natural.
- Small: Bet that at least one of the two hands will be dealt a Natural, resulting in just a total of 4 cards dealt.
At the bottom of the betting table is a section that tracks whether the previous hands were won by the Player, Banker, Tie, Big or Small.
Odds and Payouts
The Player and Banker bets both pay out a 1:1 ratio. This is because both bets have odds that are around 45%. So, for example, if you make a $5 bet and win, you’ll receive a $5 chip. At most Online Baccarat tables, the house takes a 0.5% commission on every Banker bet, since it has slightly better odds than the Player bet. Therefore, the same $5 bet will payout $0.75 should you bet on the Banker.
The Tie bet has the lowest odds, at 9.5%, and therefore it also has the highest payout of the standard bets at 8:1. This means that if you make a $5 bet and win on the tie, you’ll receive a $40 payout.
Side Bets traditionally have higher payouts than the standard bets, and oNline Baccarat is no different. Here are the odds The side bet payouts are as follows:
- Player or Banker Pair: 11:1
- Perfect Pair: 25:1
- Big: 0.54:1
- Small: 2:1
You can find more information in the Help and Support section below.
Top 3 Strategies
Just because most of the game is automated, doesn’t mean no strategy can help increase your odds of winning real money. Instead of strategy that will tell when is a good time to Hit or Stand, or whether to fold or play on, these three strategies revolve around which the betting aspect of the game.
- Bet on the Banker: If you’re looking to make the safest bet, the Banker beats out the player by a little bit, 1.06% house edge as opposed to 1.36%. Both bets have the same payout ration, not cunting the small commission that house takes for bANker bets. If you want to avoid paying the commission, make sure to play at a No Commission Baccarat table.
- Don’t bet on a Tie: Tie’s seem like a good bet, with an 8:1 payout ratio. However, the odds are don’t favor such a bet. The house odds for a Tie bet are 14.4%, which are significantly lower than the other two betting options.
- Avoid Money Management Betting Strategies: It’s easy to get sucked into betting strategies that claim to work with bets that have 50% odds. The most well-known money management betting strategies are Martingale and Paroli. These strategies are based on mathematical probabilities but only works when there are true 50/50 odds. These best require you to double your bet after a win or loss, depending on which you choose, and the odds say that eventually, you’ll win and even things out. The problem with these strategies in Online Baccarat is that none of the bets have 50% odds, at best you’ll have 45% odds for your bet.
Punters who like to play Online Baccarat on their mobile app will be happy to hear that Casino.com has optimized all games for both Android and iOS devices. The experience matches the desktop in terms of betting options, animation, and the quality of graphics. There is no software or apps to download to start playing. All you need is a Casino.com account and a stable internet connection.
Online Baccarat games were designed to provide the best experience for mobile punters. The bet and deal buttons are smaller than on the desktop, but not too small that you’ll have trouble pressing them. To get started, just tap the chips you want to wager and drag and drop them on the betting space of your choice and then just tap the Deal button.
Bonuses and Promotions
If you’re looking for amazing bonuses and promotions, Casino.com is the place for you. With creative promotions that run all year and Welcome Bonuses, reload bonuses, and more, you’ll find the best casino bonuses here. Punters who prefer table games, such as Online Baccarat, will be happy to hear that we often have bonus offers that are geared specifically for Table Games and even Online Baccarat. Check out all the latest bonus offers, and read the Terms and Conditions and on our promotions page.
Help and Support
If you have any questions about Online Baccarat or any other casino game, Casino.com has several ways to get the answers you need.
- In-Game Help Menu: There are several different Online Baccarat games, each with a slight rule variation. Thankfully, each game comes with an in-game help menu that will answer any question that you might have. Open the help menu by clicking on the Hamburger menu button, and you’ll be able to see the game rules, odds, side bet odds, betting limits, betting history, and more.
- Customer Support: Casino.com was awarded the 2020 award for Best Customer Service for an online casino. Our dedicated Customer Support staff is available 24/7 via telephone, email, and Live Chat. They are ready to answer all questions about billing, deposits, bonuses, technical issues, and more.
- How do you win in Baccarat?
The goal in Online Baccarat is to bet on the hand will have a point total closer to 9, or bet that the two hands will tie. There are also several side bets that you can bet on, and these can be won regardless of the outcome of the main game.
- What’s the best strategy for Baccarat?
Betting on the Banker gives you the best off of winning. It has a house edge that is slightly better than the Player bet. You can combine that bet with the Small side bet, which has better odds than the Big bet for the best possible wager.
- Has Anyone Beat Baccarat?
Thousands of people win real money playing Online Baccarat every day. All you need to do is open an account at Casino.com and play a few, and you’ll have great odds of winning some hands yourself.
- Is it safe to play Baccarat at Casino.com?
Absolutely. Casino.com was established over 15 years ago and is regulated by both the UK and Gibraltar Gambling Commissions. All our online casinos are powered by a Random Number Generator, which is monitored by a third party to guarantee fair play. Lastly, Casino.com works with the leading casino game developers, such as Playtech, NetEnt, Microgaming, Blueprint, Realistic and Pragmatic Play.
- Can I play on my mobile?
Casino.com is fully optimized for iOS and Android devices. All you need is a stable internet connection and a Casino.com account, and you can play Online Baccarat on your mobile phone.
Play for Real Money
Casino.com has everything an Online Baccarat player could want from an online casino. wIth a nice variety of games, including Commission and No Commission, and several Live Banker Baccarat rooms, that can all be played for real money. All you need to do is register for a Casino.com account, make a deposit, and you can start playing for real money. As an added bonus, you will also receive the exclusive Welcome Bonus when you make a deposit today.