Play Online Baccarat at Casino.com ZA
Table of Contents:
Online Baccarat captures all the excitement found in traditional offline variants, and here at Casino.com ZA, we have a wide selection of these games for you to explore.
Created by the best developers in the iGaming sector, these Baccarat variants bring together all the features that make this card game popular and adds a few more to take things to another level.
To discover more about playing online Baccarat in South Africa, keep reading. To jump right in, join the best online casino in South Africa today, make a deposit, and play cards!
Rules: How to Play Baccarat
Baccarat is a little more complicated than Blackjack, but it’s infinitely less complicated than Poker and there are only a few basic rules to learn. Take a look at the following Baccarat rules to understand how this game works.
- Table Layout: In every game of Baccarat, players are given several betting options, all of which are laid out neatly on the table in front of them. In front of these betting options, the player can see the cards and the dealer. Next to them, they can see places for other players (when playing Live Casino games).
- Player, Banker, Tie: You have three options when placing a bet in a game of The ultimate goal is to bet on the winning hand, which is essentially the hand with the highest single-digit score. You can bet on the Banker or the Player and you can also opt for the Tie if you think the scores will be equal
- Card Values: Baccarat hand values are different from most other card games, so prior experience won’t help you much here. All Aces count as 1, all cards from 2 through to 9 counts for their face value, and all 10s and picture cards are zero.
Card Value Example:
|8+6=14||Hand counts as 4|
|6+6+6=15||Hand counts as 8|
|10+9=19||Hand =”Natural” 9|
|King+Ace+3=4||Hand counts as 4|
- 3rd Card Rule: The Player or Banker wins if their hand scores an 8 or 9 with the first two cards. This is known as a “natural” and no additional cards are drawn. If the player scores less than 5, they will draw an additional card, while the Banker will draw if they have a score of 2 or less. The Banker can also draw a card if they score a 4, but only if the Player does not have a “natural” or a score of 0 or 1.
In addition to the aforementioned betting options, many games of online Baccarat also have side bets that add a couple of extra features. Known as Banker Pair and Player Pair, these bets have a pay rate of 12 to 1 and payout when the Banker’s or Player’s hand pairs-up.
For example, if a bet is placed on a Banker Pair and the banker’s two cards are the Three of Diamonds and the Three of Hearts, the bet will settle as a win. This bet only applies to the first two cards and all side bets can be placed in addition to a traditional bet.
In such cases, the side bet will be settled first and then the game will continue as normal. It is possible to win the side bet and lose the main game and vice versa. It’s also possible to place just one of these bets. If you like the idea of the side bet but aren’t interested in actually betting on the Player, Banker or Tie, then stick with the only side bet options.
- Aces count as one (1)
- Two through nine score their face value (2 to 9)
- 10s and picture cards count as zero (0)
|9 + 8 = 17||Score is 7|
|6 + 6 + 6 = 18||Score is 8|
|10 + 9 = 19||Hand is a “Natural” 9|
|Ace + 7 = 8||Score is 8|
Odds and Payouts
In a game of Baccarat, there are three important numbers you need to know: 14.4%, 1.35%, and 1.06%. These are the odds for each possible bet. The first, the highest, is the house edge for a Tie bet. The second is for the Player bet, while the third, the lowest of all, is for the Banker.
The easiest way to understand this is to imagine that if you play 100 of each and bet RSA1 each hand, you can expect to lose RSA14.40 for Tie bets, RSA1.35 for Player bets, and RSA1.06 for Banker bets.
Baccarat Payout Table
|Player or Dealer Pair||11:1|
For more information on payouts and odds, take a look at our Help section below.
Top 3 Strategies
Baccarat is a game of chance and there is no way to guarantee success. However, there are a few tips and tricks to increase your chances of getting a return. Keep the following strategies in mind to get the most out of Baccarat.
1. Place Your Bets on the Banker - The Banker bet offers the lowest house edge of all Baccarat bets, which is why many Baccarat players choose to bet only on this outcome. Of course, many players will get pretty tired of making the same bet game after game, but if you want to keep the odds firmly in your favour, this is the way to do it.
The Banker house edge is one of the lowest of any card game. To put that 1.06% into perspective, the house edge for a game of American Roulette is over 5%, and the house edge for many slot machines doesn’t get lower than 3%.
2. Avoid Betting on a Tie - While the Banker bet offers the lowest house edge and therefore the greatest chance, the Tie is the complete opposite and should be avoided. There’s no harm in betting on the occasional Tie but doing it consistently game after game will significantly reduce your chances of winning.
The problem with the Tie bet is that it’s the most appealing bet to the majority of inexperienced players. Rather than focusing on the bets that have the highest chance of success, they focus on the bets that offer the biggest potential payouts, so the Tie is very tempting to them, even though experienced players avoid it at all costs.
3. Bankroll Carefully - Proper bankroll management is at the heart of every gambling strategy and something that all professional card players swear by.
Your bankroll is your gambling budget. It’s a sum of money that you put aside every week or month for the sole purposes of gambling. You should refrain from depositing more money to increase this balance and should only add to it when you win or when the month/week is over.
The size of your bankroll will depend on your disposable income. You should only bet with a sum of money that you can afford to lose. Your first priority is to pay the bills, cover your living costs, put money aside for a rainy day, and then use a small amount of the leftover cash to create your bankroll.
Bonuses and Promotions
All South African casino players are entitled to a host of bonuses and promotions, including Welcome Bonuses, Loyalty Bonuses, and a VIP Loyalty Scheme. These bonuses are available to all players, new and old, and you can find more information by visiting our Bonuses and Promotions pages.
One of the most common bonuses we feature is something known as a Matched Deposit Bonus. This will essentially double your first deposit up to a specific amount, and it occasionally comes with a bundle of Free Spins, which can be used on our many real money slot machines.
Every game at Casino.com ZA can be played on your mobile device. There is full support for iOS and Android and all games are designed with smaller screens and touchscreen capability in mind. This means that you don’t need to worry about buttons that are too small to be clicked or so big that they fill the entire screen. Everything is neat, compact, crisp, clean, and just the way it should be.
We recommend throwing on a pair of headphones to complete the experience, especially when playing Live Dealer games. It’ll be like you’re sitting in a real casino, with the sounds of the cards being turned and the dealer making calls.
Help and Support
Baccarat is a relatively easy game to pick up and play, and once you read through this guide, you should be ready to try it for yourself. But if you encounter some issues and need a little help, take a look at the following options:
- In-Game-Support: All games at Casino.com ZA have help files that can be accessed via the hamburger menu icon. This will tell you all that you need to know about your chosen game, from the payouts to the rules and any bonus features. We recommend taking a look at this menu before playing any of our games.
- Live Dealer Support: If you’re playing a Live Dealer game, you can use the Chat Box to ask a question and request support. The other players may offer their assistance and, if not, the dealer will. Just remember, the dealer is there to shuffle/deal cards and answer a few basic questions, not to deal with account queries.
- Customer Support: If you have any questions about your account or a specific game, you can contact our dedicated Customer Support team. Our team members are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, and you can reach them by phone, email or Live Chat.
1. How do you win at Baccarat?
Baccarat is a game of chance and one that is weighted slightly in the house’s favour. As a result, there is no guaranteed way to beat this game and anyone who says otherwise probably has an ulterior motive.
However, there are professional card players that spend a lot of time at the Baccarat table and have a pretty good idea of how to consistently win. Firstly, they always set a strict bankroll and never bet more than they can afford to lose. Secondly, they make sure to get all the bonuses and perks that are available to them. And finally, they tend to stick with games that have the lowest house edge.
2. What’s the best strategy for Baccarat?
If you’re focusing purely on profit, the best strategy is the one that offers you the most chance of success. In Baccarat, that strategy is to bet on the Banker.
As mentioned already, the Banker bet has the lowest house edge, and if you bet on the Banker consistently then your chances of success will remain high. Of course, placing the same bet game after game isn’t much fun, so if you’re looking to keep things interesting then you can make some Player bets and even the occasional Tie bet.
3. Has anyone won Baccarat?
Many players have found effective strategies for beating this game consistently, but as mentioned above, most of these strategies revolve around collecting bonuses, securing perks, and getting rebates and loyalty bonuses where possible.
That way, if you play the odds and finish with a slight loss, the perks and bonuses will be enough to tilt things back in your favour and ensure you stay in the black.
4. Is it safe to play Baccarat at Casino.com?
Casino.com ZA is one of the safest places to Play Baccarat. We work with the best regulators and developers to ensure this is the case and we also use the most advanced SSL encryption technology. This guarantees your complete safety every time you play and every time you make a transaction.
5. Can I play on my mobile?
All Casino.com ZA games are available on mobile, including Baccarat. These games are perfectly suited for mobile devices, with icons that can be clicked with ease and a layout that was made to suit smaller screens.
Play for Real Money
Now that you know more about Baccarat, the only thing left to do is sign up, make a deposit, and start playing. We have a wide range of great Baccarat titles for you to explore and if you sign up now you can also collect our new member Welcome Bonus.