Play Online Baccarat at Casino.com IE
Baccarat OnlinePlay for realPremium Baccarat OnlinePlay for real
Table of Contents:
An exciting traditional game that originated in France, Baccarat is a simple card game to learn with only 3 betting options; this means you can concentrate on the game and enjoy all the fun, with real money payouts, without any complicated rules. You can bet on Player, Banker, or a Tie, as well as several side bets, and with many variants available to you 24/7, such as chemin de fer and punto banco, as well as Live Dealer Baccarat, Commission and No Commission games, you’ll never be stuck for choice.
At Casino.com IE, we offer you the finest table experience when you choose our Baccarat games, with fast money transactions, stunning graphics, reliable connectivity, and many ways to win, providing you with the best Baccarat casino to play at online.
Rules: How to Play Baccarat?
Here are the basics you need to know to get started at our Baccarat tables:
Card values: Cards values match their face value, except for Aces, which count as 1, and 10 and picture cards, which are valued as zero (0). The card points are added, and only the last digit counts as the hand’s value.
King (0) + 8 + 6 = total value 14 Hand value is 4 7 + 3 = total value 10 Hand value is 0 10+9 = total value 19 Hand is a “Natural” 9
Overview: In Baccarat, there are only 2 hands dealt, no matter how many bettors are at the table; the Banker hand and the Player hand. The overall aim is to bet on the hand that’s closest to 9 points to win.
Table layout: The table layout is easy to follow, with sections clearly laid out for your bets - choose from Banker, Player or Tie to win the game. Click on your chips to set your bet amount, then click on the area of the table that represents the bet you want to make.
Player, Banker, Tie: When you opt for Player, the player must win the round against the banker for you to receive your payout. When you bet on Dealer, the Dealer must win. For a Tie bet to the payout, the game must end with both Player and Dealer with a matching hand.
Playing Basics: When the bets have been made, the dealer deals 2 face-up cards for Player hand and 2 for the dealer’s hand. The Dealer hand must stand on 7, 8 or 9 points and the Player hand must stand on 6, 7, 8, or 9 points. If the Dealer or Player hand is dealt an 8 or 9 points total, this is called ‘a Natural’ and no 3rd card is dealt. But a 3rd card may be automatically dealt with in some circumstances (see below).
3rd card rule: A 3rd card will automatically be drawn for the Player hand in the following instances:
- If the Player hand value is 5 points (or less), it receives a 3rd card.
- If the Player hand value is 6 points (or more) while the Dealer’s hand shows 5 points (or less), it receives a 3rd card.
If the Player hand receives the 3rd card: the Dealer hand rules are as follows:
- Always receive a 3rd card with a value of 2 or less
- If the Dealer shows 3 points, it receives a 3rd card when the Player hand shows a value of less than 8.
- If the Dealer shows 4 points, it receives a 3rd card in any scenario except the Player hand showing 0, 1, 8, or 9.
- If the Dealer’s hand has a value of 5 points, it receives a 3rd card if the Player hand shows 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the Dealer has 6 points, it receives a 3rd card when the Player shows 6 or 7.
- If the Dealer has 7 points, it always stands.
Additional options (Side Bets):
Although the standard game is based on 3 bet options, you can add side bets to increase the fun. These can be played as standalone alone bets, or alongside the Banker, Player, or Tie bets, and the main side bets are:
- Player pair - this is a bet on the initial 2 cards dealt with the Player hand being a matching pair e.g. 8-8, Q-Q. A Win for a 12:1 payout, lose and the standard game round will begin.
- Banker pair - this is a bet on the initial 2 cards dealt with the Banker hand being a matching pair e.g. 8-8, Q-Q. A Win for a 12:1 payout, lose and the standard game round will begin.
You can also play scheduled Live Baccarat games in our Live Casino; to play with a Live Dealer overseeing the table, simply check out the lobby for the times of the next game, and join a table using your computer. You’ll then enjoy a live-streamed experience that’s as close to playing Baccarat in a bricks-and-mortar casino as you’ll get from the comfort of home.
Odds and Payouts
The odds of winning Player or Banker at Baccarat are around 44%, so both bets payout at even money (1:1) with 0.05% commission on Dealer bets. This means that payouts are as follows:
- bet €1 on Player and win, and you’ll receive €1
- bet €1 on Dealer and win, and you’ll receive €0.95
The Tie bet has the lowest odds, and so it pays 8:1.
- bet €1 on Tie and win, and you’ll receive €8
There are also side bets that pay out the following:
- Player Pair: 11:1
- Dealer Pair: 11:1
- Perfect Pair: 25:1
- Big: 0.54:1
- Small: 2:1
For more information on accessing specific odds and payout figures, visit our Help and Support section further down this page.
Top 3 Strategies
The rules in Baccarat are tight and clearly structured, and so the strategy is all about betting smart, rather than trying to control the game outcome. Here are 3 of the top Baccarat strategies for online players:
- Bet on the Banker: As the Banker hand (1.06% house edge) has slightly improved odds than a Player bet (1.36% house edge), and much better odds than the Tie bet (14.4% house edge), it is more likely to hit - hence the commission. If you don’t want to pay commission on your winnings, choose one of our No Commission Baccarat games.
- Don’t bet on a Tie: The 8:1 Tie bet payout may be attractive, but that’s because the odds are much lower than the other standard bets.
- Money management: Players often use the money management strategies eg Martingale or Paroli for online games like roulette, but don’t be tempted to try these for online Baccarat due to the big difference in house edge for the Tie bet. Instead, make sure you choose table limits that suit your bankroll, and make a spending strategy that you stick to.
With its simple format, Baccarat is a stunning game for desktop or mobile play. The game stability and stream quality is always first class, while the graphics and animations are bright, crisp and easy on the eye. The mobile Baccarat experience ensures that you can always view all areas of the table clearly however small you like your screen; for instance, bet and deal buttons are easily viewed, so you can choose your bet size and place your bets with ease, and but they don’t distract from the action. Both iOS and Android devices are supported, and for the ultimate convenience and easy access, you can download our casino games app to play your mobile Baccarat games with ease.
Bonuses and Promotions
At Casino.com IE, we offer the best casino games bonuses for players in Ireland. We offer game-specific bonuses, such as exclusive Live Baccarat bonuses, as well as bonuses for new and returning players, so you enjoy lots of variety when it comes to picking a bonus that suits you. Our promotions and bonuses change regularly, so to learn more and stay up to date with our latest offerings, please visit our Casino promotions page.
Help and Support
Playing Baccarat should always be fun, and so we make sure we always have help available to assist you, whatever your query. Whether it’s games rules, navigating the table or side bets, or table limit info you need, or even if it’s assistance with other areas of the casino, we’re always happy to help.
- In-Game Help Menu: each of our Baccarat games have a comprehensive help section that answers all your game-specific queries; click on the ‘hamburger menu’ to view information on odds, game history, betting limits etc at your fingertips.
- Customer Support: our dedicated Customer Support team can answer all your technical issues through Live Chat, email and phone call, with availability 24/7.
- How do you win in Baccarat?
Answer: You choose to bet on Dealer or Player, or Tie. With Player and Dealer bets, if you chose the hand that is closest to 9 in value, you win. With a Tie bet, the Dealer and Player hands must have the same value.
- What’s the best strategy for Baccarat?
Answer: The bet that offers you the highest odds of paying out a win is the Dealer bet, with a house edge of 1.4% and so many players prefer to stick with this bet. You can also combine with a side bet, which pays out much higher wins, for a bigger potential payout.
- Has Anyone won Baccarat?
Answer: Yes. It’s the low house edge of this game that attracts players to its tables.
- Is it safe to play Baccarat at Casino.com IE?
Answer: Casino.com IE is fully licensed and regulated to ensure fair gaming at all times. In addition, we partner with only the world’s most responsible casino games providers, with RNGs on all games that undergo third-party testing for complete peace of mind.
- Can I play on my mobile?
Answer: Yes, with Android and iOS devices fully compatible with all of our online Baccarat games.
Play for Real Money
Real money Baccarat games are available to play in our online casino 24/7, with a range of game varieties and mobile gaming options. You can also enjoy Live Baccarat games in our Live Casino at the scheduled time; all games are live-streamed with your winnings still paid instantly to your bankroll via your online casino account. To play for real money, simply register your account and ensure your bankroll has funds, then go to the lobby and search for your preferred Baccarat game under the table games section. You will then experience for yourself why Casino.com IE is the best Baccarat casino site for Irish players.