Play Craps Online in India
Halloween FortunePlay for realPracticePenny RoulettePlay for realPracticeBuffalo BlitzPlay for realPracticeJungle TroublePlay for realPracticeThe DiscoveryPlay for realPracticeFortune HillPlay for realPracticeGem HeatPlay for realPracticeDragon KingdomPlay for realPracticeIce RunPlay for realPracticeCaribbean Stud PokerPlay for realPracticeJoker Poker Video PokerPlay for realPractice3 Card BragPlay for realPractice
Table of Contents:
India has a long and impressive history when it comes to Craps and dice games in general. Some of the earliest dice discovered by archeologists were unearthed in Mesopotamia and are believed to have been imported from India. It would take several thousand years for the game of Craps to assume its modern form, but it got there eventually, and today, Craps is one of the most popular gambling games in India.
At Casino.com IN, Indian players can play Craps at all hours of the day, and there are many online Craps and Live Casino Craps variants to explore. Take a look at the guide below to learn more, as we look at rules, tips, and strategies.
Betting Rules: How to Play Craps?
Bet, roll, and wait—on the surface, Craps is a pretty simple game. But there is much more to it than that, and it’s important to learn some rules before you approach the table. Here are a few basic rules to help you get started with real money Craps:
- Game Basics: The game begins when the player chooses two dice from a pile of five. Both dice are 6-sided and the numbers they show will dictate wins, loses, and payouts on the board. Players must move their chips onto the board to place their bets.
- Process: The shooter (the person rolling the dice) must first make a pass bet, and this can be placed on the pass line or the don’t pass line. With the former, they will win when they roll a 7 or 11; with the latter, a win occurs with a 2, 3, or 12. In both instances, if the opposite happens, the bets will settle as a loss, but if other numbers are rolled a point is scored. The shooter must then roll that number again to win the bet, losing only when they roll a 7.
- Other Bets: Players can choose to stake their money on one-roll wagers, whereby they need a specific number or set of numbers to appear during a single roll, or multi-roll wagers, where they have several rolls to meet their target. All Craps bets fall into one of these two categories.
- Number Outcomes: Many players mistakenly believe that all outcomes are weighted equally and that a 5 or 6 has just as much chance of landing as a 7. In actual fact, there are only 36 combinations achieved by two six-sided dice, and 6 of these are taken by the 7, more than any other number. 6 and 8 are second with 5 combinations each, and the numbers with the least combinations are 2 and 12.
As with all popular casino games, Craps is available in many different forms. Casinos and developers take the structure and the rules that players love, they tweak and adapt, and they create additional features and bets. As a result, we have all of the following variations:
- Bank Craps: This is the original game of Craps, the one that most players think about when they think about this game. It has been tweaked a lot over the years and looks a little different from the street games of dice from which it originated, but many of the rules and fun features have remained. It’s easy to learn, fun to play, and offers an endless number of betting options, along with a low house edge.
- Crapless Craps: It sounds like a paradox, but it’s not as strange as you might think. In a game of Crapless Craps, there is no “don’t pass” bet and the rules are also slightly different with regards to the “pass” bet, with 11 no longer being a dead-cert. These rule tweaks are why the game of Crapless Craps has a much higher house edge than other variants.
- High Point Craps: With a house edge of 2.35%, High Point Craps is not a bad prospect for fans of this popular dice game. It also has some interesting rules, including an immediate win for an 11 or a 12.
- New York Craps: You could be forgiven for thinking this game was invented in the Big Apple, but in actual fact, it likely got its start in Europe and it’s still popular up there. New York Craps uses a different table and gets rid of “come” and “don’t come” wagering options.
- Simplified Craps: A great option for players who struggle with the rules of standard Craps variations. Simplified Craps, as the name suggests, takes the complexities out of the game and simplifies everything, making it easier to follow the rules and participate.
- Diceless Craps: What happens when you take dice out of a dice game? Diceless Craps is the answer. This weird but wonderful little game is great fun, but it’s also very rare and you may struggle to find it at online casinos.
Odds and Payouts
Unlike games of Blackjack and Roulette, where the odds tend to remain consistent (but for a few small exceptions), the odds in Craps differ considerably depending on where you stack your chips. Not only do some bets have a greater chance of winning than others, but they also have a better house edge to payout ratio, which makes them more favourable. For a full list of Craps odds and payouts, take a look at the following table.
Bet Type Odds Payout House Edge Pass 251/244 1/1 1.4% Don't Pass 976/949 1/1 1.4% Pass Line - 4 or 10 2/1 2/1 4.76% Pass Line - 5 or 9 3/2 3/2 4.76% Pass Line - 6 or 8 5/6 5/6 4.76% Don't Pass Line - 4 or 10 1/2 1/2 2.44% Don't Pass Line - 5 or 9 2/3 2/3 3.23% Don't Pass Line - 6 or 8 5/6 5/6 4% Field Bets (3, 4, 9, 10, 11) N/A 1/1 5.5% Field Bets (2, 12) N/A 2/1 5.5% Place Bets (4 or 10) 2/1 9/5 6.7% Place Bets (5 or 9) 3/2 7/5 4% Place Bets (6 or 8) 6/5 7/6 1.52% Hardways (6 or 8) 10/1 9/1 9.09% Hardways (4 or 10) 8/1 7/1 11.1% One Roll Bets (Any 7) 5/1 4/1 16.9% One Roll Bets (Any Craps) 8/1 7/1 11.1% One Roll Bets (2 or 12 Craps) 35/1 30/1 13.9% One Roll Bets (3 or 11 Craps) 17/1 15/1 11.1% Horn Bet (3 or 11) N/A 3.75/1 N/A Horn Bet (2 or 12) N/A 7.5/1 N/A Big 6 or 8 N/A 1/1 9.09%
Basic Strategies and Tips
There are a number of Craps strategies and tips, and the best of these revolve around making sensible choices when placing your bets. You should always look for the bets that offer the highest possible payout when compared to the house edge. You can use our table above to learn about payouts and probability, but to point you in the right direction, here is a quick rundown of the best wagers to make in Craps.
- Pass and Come Bets: The pass bet is always played by the shooter, while the come bet is similar but is wagered at a different time during the game. Both bets have a very low house edge, dropping to just 1.41%, and this is why they are the two most popular bets in Craps.
- Don’t Pass and Don’t Come Bets: Don’t pass and don‘t come bets are lay bets in which you bet against the roll. The odds vary but they are just as favourable as the pass and come bets.
- Laying Odds Bets: When players lay a bet in Craps, it means they will lose when that number lands and win when it does not. The most common lays are for the numbers 10 and 4, as these are two of the least common numbers rolled in the game.
Bad Craps Strategies: Bets to Avoid
While good Craps strategies boil down to making the right choices and placing low house edge bets, the opposite is true for bad Craps strategies. What follows is a list of the worst bets that you can make based on the probability of them winning.
- Big 6 and 8: The big 6 or 8 bet is considered one of the worst bets in online Craps. The house edge for this outcome is 9.09%, which is quite high, and yet the payout is just 1:1, which is low. To put this into perspective, the big 6 and 8 bet has the same payout as the pass bet but also has a significantly higher house edge.
- Hardways 4, 6, 8 and 10: When a number is scored the “hard way”, it means it is attained by rolling a double. With the Hardways 4, 6, 8, and 10 bets, the odds for this happening before any other outcome are relatively slim, with the house edge fixed at 11.1% for a 4 or 10 and 9.09% for 6 and 8.
- Proposition Bets: A proposition bet is a one-roll bet and it must land on the shooter’s next roll, making this outcome extremely unlikely when compared to other popular Craps bets.
Bring the thrills of online Craps onto your mobile device with Casino.com IN. Most devices, platforms, and browsers are supported, allowing you to play this great dice game anywhere you have a secure connection.
Mobile Craps can immerse you into a real casino environment, and this is true whether you’re playing virtual games or Live Dealer games.
Play Craps today on Android and iOS, with complete touchscreen functionality and streamlined features designed to support a smooth mobile gaming experience.
Online Craps Bonuses
Before you rush off to shoot the virtual dice, make sure you check our latest promotions first. We have a Welcome Package aimed at all new players, loyalty bonuses for current members, and much more.
Some of these bonuses can be used to play Craps and other table games, others are aimed solely at slot game players. In any case, a bonus is a great way to get started at Casino.com IN and these are never in short supply!
1. What is the Best Bet in Craps?
For many players, the best Craps bet is the pass line bet or the come Bet, but don’t pass and don’t come bets are also favoured by experienced shooters.
2. How to Win at Craps?
To increase your chances of success, always stick with bets that offer the lowest house edge and with casinos that are fully licensed and regulated. Casino.com IN, for instance, is a fully licensed, completely safe, and award-winning casino—the perfect environment for you to enjoy a game or two of dice.
3. How to Shoot Dice
Casinos require that the dice are rolled against the backboard furthest away from you. They must also arc over the table. This ensures they are spun properly, allowing for maximum rolls and ensuring the game is not rigged in any way.
4. How to Play Street Dice
Craps evolved from games of dice played on the street and in recent years there has been a resurgence of these games. Street dice is played throughout India and is also enjoyed in Las Vegas. The rules are a little more straightforward than Craps, but they mirror this game in many ways.
5. Where Can I Get a Craps Bonus?
Casino.com IN is home to a number of bonuses, including a Welcome Package offered to all new players who join, deposit, and meet the qualifying requirements. Check with our promotions page to learn more about the bonuses available right now.
6. Can I Play Mobile Craps for Real Money?
Not only are all Casino.com IN Craps games supported on mobile, but they can also be played for real money. Just make your deposit, set your stake, and use your chips to place real money bets. If you have any issues with this process, consult our Help section above.
7. Can I Turn Off My Hardway Bet?
Yes, you can turn off your Hardway bet on all variants of Online Craps available at Casino.com IN.
8. What’re the Differences Between Live and Online Craps?
When you play Craps against the AI, your actions are determined by a random number generator. You’re not actually rolling any device and there are no physical dealers or other players present. It’s a quieter and more reserved experience.
With Live Dealer variations, the game takes place in a state-of-the-art studio, with high definition streams beaming the action straight to your device. This creates a more immersive and engaging experience and allows you to enjoy the game with other players.
Help and Support
One of the great things about Craps is that it’s incredibly simple. You place your bets, roll the dice, and hope that things land in your favour. The information in this guide can help you if you’re struggling to get to grip with these rules, and if that info is not quite enough, the following support options can assist you:
- Built-in Help Files: All Casino.com IN games have a built-in help file containing essential information such as the rules of the game, the payouts, the house edge, and any available bonus features. Look for the hamburger icon (the three horizontal lines stacked on top of each other like a hamburger) and click or tap to open the help file.
- Live Chat, Phone, Email: You can use all of these options to contact the Casino.com IN Customer Support team. We have a multilingual, highly-experienced team on hand to help with whatever issue you have.
- Croupier Chat: Can’t get the help you need from the game files? Go directly to the source. When you’re playing Live Casino games, you can use the chat box to ask the dealer a question and speak with other players. They’re not there to give you betting tips but they’re always happy to interact with players and to provide assistance as and when needed.
Play Craps Games for Real Money
Now that you know more about craps games, there’s only one thing left for it: Start playing! At Casino.com IN, we have a number of online Craps and Live Dealer Craps variants, all dropping you into the action and giving you a taste of this historic game.
Check our promotions page, set a budget that you’re comfortable with, and start playing today.