Play Live Casino Games to Win Real Money
Live casino games are games that combine online gaming with live gaming. This is achieved through the use of webcam technology that streams a live dealer in action in real time. Players are able to make use of a chat facility to chat to the dealer and other players in the game in the same way as they would when playing at a land-based casino. These games, first launched in 2003, blend the most popular parts of online gaming and land gaming, namely the excitement of live action and the social nature of land gaming together with the convenience of online gaming. They have been growing in popularity and new games have been included in the live casino suites of online casinos.
History of Live Casino Games
Live casino games were first launched by Playtech in 2003. It took a few years until other software providers caught on and it was not until 2006 that they started to become more popular. By 2012 there were around 140 online casinos that offered a live casino games suite, representing a growth of around 1,000% from 2008. The technology has continued to improve and Internet speeds have become faster, resulting in a more optimum experience for these games. Today, live dealer casino games are common and offered by many top-rated online casinos. Most commonly live casino games include live blackjack, live baccarat, live roulette, live sic bo and live casino hold’em.
Playing Live Casino Games
Live casino games cannot be played in the fun mode of the casino which means you are not able to practice these games for free before you begin playing for real money. On the other hand, with the chat facility available you are able to ask the dealer any questions you have about the rules of the game while you are playing. In addition, the live dealer games play in the same way as the online games so if you have practiced playing the online games for free, you should be set to try out the live dealer games. Just make sure to check the house rules for the live dealer game as they are specific for each game.
There are a number of tables available for each of the live casino games and these will offer different betting limits. Make sure to choose a table with betting limits to suit your bankroll. The most common live casino games include live blackjack, live baccarat, live roulette and live casino hold’em. Each game is unique in its aims, rules and strategies.
Live Casino Odds
One of the reasons that live casino games started to grow in popularity is that they provided a solution to those players who were uncomfortable with the automated nature of online gambling. Even with the random number generator at work, these players felt sceptical about the fairness of the odds in a game where you can’t see the cards actually being dealt. Live casino games allow you to watch the casino live dealer in action throughout the game. In truth, the random number generator ensures all odds are fair in casino games, but live casino games provide a physical view of all actions taken.
Make sure you understand the odds and house edge for the game you choose to play. This includes understanding the odds of the specific bets in the game. Each bet has its own odds and own payout. The discrepancy between the odds of winning the bet and the payout results in the house edge. The lower the house edge, the better chance you have of winning. In some games, such as live blackjack, playing with optimum strategy will allow you to lower the house edge and improve your odds of winning. In this case, it is important to learn optimum strategy before you begin playing. In a game such as roulette however, it is a game of luck, meaning that no strategy will ensure you win. That being said, there are ways you can improve your odds just by the bet choices you make.
Popular Live Casino Games
- Live Blackjack: The aim is to achieve a hand closer to 21 than the dealer without going bust. Despite the other players at the table, you play only against the dealer. Your hand total is made up of the values of the cards in your hand with cards 2 through 10 worth their face value, face cards worth ten and Ace worth one or eleven. There are a number of game options including insurance (against the dealer having Blackjack if their up-card is an Ace), splitting (two cards of identical value into two separate hands), doubling down (doubling your bet and receiving one more card), hitting (receiving one more card) and standing (receiving no more cards and ending your turn). With live blackjack you can watch the casino live dealer dealing all the cards.
- Live Roulette: The aim of the game of roulette is to bet on the number or group of numbers that a ball will land on once the spinning wheel it is in comes to rest. There are ten inside bets and ten outside bets that can be placed. With live roulette you can watch the dealer spinning the wheel and dropping the ball into it.
- Live Baccarat: The aim of the game of baccarat is to bet on whether the banker’s hand or the player’s hand will score closer to 9 without going bust. Players can also bet on a tie. Each card has a value and the values are combined to create the hand total. Cards 2-9 have their face value, tens and face cards are valued at 0 and Ace is valued as 1. Players are dealt two cards and may be dealt a third based on the value of their original hand. In live baccarat, you can watch the casino live dealer dealing cards.
- Live Casino Hold’em: A popular table poker game, this game requires players to place an ante bet after which two hole cards and three community cards will be dealt. The player decides to either Fold or Play and if playing, another two community cards are revealed. The player then makes the best possible poker hand using these seven cards.
Glossary and Terms
Before you begin to play at an online casino make sure to familiarise yourself with the terms that are used in online casino play. This will improve your gaming experience and offer you a fun and relaxed time at the casino.
Bankroll: The amount of money set aside for game play.
Bet: Another term for wager.
Betting Limits: The highest and lowest amounts that can be bet in a game.
Cashier: The section of the casino that deals with banking.
Even Money: A bet that pays out 1:1.
Face Cards: Jack, Queen or King in a deck of cards.
High Roller: A player who makes large deposits or places large bets.
House Edge: The advantage that the casino has over the player for a specific bet.
House Rules: The rules laid down by the casino for the dealer and the player in a particular game.
Paytable: The table or chart that lists the payouts for specific winning combinations or winning bets.
Strategy and Tips
When you play Live Casino games, make sure that you thoroughly understand the rules, as well as software buttons, of the game you are playing. This will help to increase the fun, prevent mistakes and improve your overall playing experience. The rules and description of how to play using our software are available in the Help sections of each game – so check these out before you play.
Another useful tip is to have a strategy when it comes to your money. If you play using a Real Money account, make sure that you are selecting games with table limits that suit your pocket, and be aware of your bet amounts so that you stick within the boundaries of how much you would like to play with. Also have a plan for your winnings; decide before you play, for example, whether you want to store them for use at a later date or cash them out, and then follow your initial decision.
And finally, keep a look out for suitable bonuses. A casino bonus is designed to enhance your casino experience by providing additional funds for you to play with. If a bonus looks attractive, make sure you read the terms and conditions before accepting them to see whether the bonus suits your own particular playing style.
Opening an Account and Playing for Real Money
Live casino games can only be played in the real money mode of the casino. If you would like to try your hand at live casino games, you must create a real money account. Follow these steps and you will be ready to begin playing:
- Register an Account – Create a real money account by filling in the online form. This will require you to provide personal information and contact information, as well as choose your currency. You will need to read and agree to the Terms and Conditions before the account can be opened.
- Fund your Account – You can deposit money into your account using any of the deposit methods available in the cashier section of the casino. Follow the steps for the payment method you choose, confirm the deposit amount and approve the transaction. You can claim your Welcome Bonus at this time.
- Begin Playing – Once the funds have been transferred, you will be able to begin playing any of the live casino games available in the casino lobby.