Play Online Blackjack Games for Real Money Rewards
Play for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticePlay for realPracticeBlackjack PeekPlay for realPractice
Blackjack is one of the most popular and well-known casino card games available. Originating in the 17th century, it has spread around the world with new variations of the game having been created. Its simple rules and basic strategy make it popular with professional and amateur gamblers and the range of game variations and betting sizes makes it accessible for all types of players with all sizes of bankroll.
In order to play blackjack online, it is important to understand the rules of the games, especially differences in the different variations you may play. Learn basic online blackjack strategy to decrease the house edge and improve your odds of winning. Playing blackjack online allows you to practice the game in the fun mode of the casino without risking your bankroll.
Blackjack has a long history with the game originating from the 17th century French game known as Chemin de Fer. Vingt-et-Un (French for “21”) displayed many similar rules to the modern day game of blackjack and the Italian game of Seven and a Half also features similar rules, including the concept of going bust. The game began to spread around the world after the French Revolution with its first stop in the US.
Today, with such a wide range of online casinos available, the game is enjoyed by players around the world. As online casinos have become more popular, more variations of the online blackjack game have been developed and have been included in the games suites of the casinos. South African players can now enjoy blackjack games from around the world with a large selection of online casino games available in one convenient location.
Online Blackjack Rules
The rules of online blackjack are straightforward, which is one of the reasons the game has always been so popular. The aim of the game is to create a hand with a total value of as close to 21 as possible without going bust. Each card has a value and these are combined to create the total hand value. Cards 2 - 10 have their face value, face cards have a value of 10 and Ace has a value of 1 or 11, dependant on the total value of the hand.
To begin the game you must place your bets. Two cards are then dealt face up to you and two cards are dealt to the dealer – one face up and one face down. You play your hand before the dealer and you play against the dealer only. There are a number of actions you can take:
- Surrender: In some cases you may be able to surrender your hand for the cost of half your bet. Some casinos only allow late surrender (after the dealer checks for blackjack), but there are also some that allow for early surrender (before the dealer has checked for blackjack). This is only available before you begin play.
- Insurance: This is a side bet that can be placed against the dealer having blackjack. It can be placed when the dealer’s up-card is an Ace and costs half your original bet. If the dealer has blackjack, you win your insurance bet and if he does not have blackjack, you lose the insurance bet.
- Double Down: You are able to double your bet and receive one more card to end your turn. This is only available when you still hold two cards. Some games only allow double down on specific hand totals.
- Split: Available if your first two cards are of equal value, you can choose to split your hand into two separate hands with two separate bets. The hands are then played independently. You may be able to split after splitting.
- Hit: Receive one more card. You can continue to hit until you stand or you go bust.
- Stand: Receive no more cards and end your turn.
Once you have played your hand, the dealer will play his hand. The dealer must play according to the house rules of hitting on all 16s and standing on all 17s. The dealer’s final hand will be compared to your final hand and you will be paid out for any wins.
When you play a game of blackjack online there are a number of buttons that are used to play the game. Understanding the game buttons will help you understand your options in the game.
As the online blackjack game begins, the following game buttons are available:
- Deal – Deal cards to the player and the dealer.
- Double – Double all bets placed on the table.
- Clear Bets – The table is cleared of all bets.
- Undo – Clear the last bet that was placed.
Once the cards have been dealt, the follow game buttons become available:
- Hit – Receive one more card.
- Stand – Receive no more cards and end your turn.
- Double: – Double your bet and receive one more card to end your turn.
- Insurance: – Place an insurance bet against the dealer having blackjack. This button is only available if the dealer’s up-card is an Ace.
- Split – Split your hand into two separate hands, with two bets equal to your original bet. This option is only available if your first two cards are equal in value.
Once the game round has been completed, the following game buttons will become available:
- New Game – The table is cleared of cards and chips and a new game will start. Players need to place their bets.
- Rebet and Deal – The same bet will be placed as in the previous game and cards will automatically be dealt for a new game.
- Rebet – The same bet will be placed as in the previous game.
Understanding the odds of a game of online blackjack will help you to be able to make the best decision in every situation. Blackjack is a game of skill where understanding the game rules and knowing your odds can reduce the house advantage to as little as 0.5%.
Besides for understanding the overall odds of the game, it is important to understand the odds for specific situations in the game. For example, the odds of going bust if your hand total is 16 and you hit is 62%. However, hitting while your hand total is 20 offers odds of going bust of 92%.
It is also a good idea to understand the odds of you achieving specific winning combinations. Generally, the larger the payout, the smaller your odds are of winning. For example, beating the dealer will pay out 1:1, while Blackjack, which you have lower odds of winning, will pay out 3:2.
In order to improve your gaming experience, make sure you understand the basic terms that are used in the game.
- Blackjack: A two-card hand with a total of 21. It is made up of an Ace and a card valued at 10.
- Bust: Going over a hand total of 21.
- Bust Card: The card that pushes your hand over a value of 21.
- Cash Out: To withdraw your winnings from the game.
- Double Down: To double your bet and receive one more card.
- Hit: To receive one more card.
- Hole Card: The card that is dealt face-down to the dealer.
- Insurance: A side bet (at the cost of half your original wager) that can be placed against the dealer having Blackjack. It can be placed if the dealer’s up-card is an Ace.
- Split: The ability to divide two cards of equal value into two separate hands with separate (and identical) bets. The hands are played independently.
- Stand: To receive no more cards and end your turn.
- Surrender: Available before play begins, this is the ability to end your turn at the cost of half your original bet. Not all games allow surrender.
- Up-Card: The cards that are dealt face-up, showing their value.
How to Open an Account and Play for Real Money
Once you have learnt the rules of the game and practiced your strategy in the fun mode of the casino, you will be ready to play online blackjack for real money. You can open an account and begin playing by following these simple steps:
- Open a Real Money Account – Complete the online form. This requires your personal details and contact details. Choose your currency from the long list of currency options.
- Fund Your Account – Go to the cashier section and choose from the wide selection of payment options available, including numerous that are available for South African players. Follow the steps for the payment method you choose and make a deposit.
- Start claiming the impressive 100% up to $400 (plus 200 free spins) Welcome Bonus package with your first deposit.
- Go to the lobby of the casino to choose the variation of online blackjack you want to play for real money.