Play Blackjack Games Online
Play for realPlay for realPlay for realPlay for realPlay for realPlay for realPlay for realUK BlackjackPlay for realPlay for realPlay for realPlay for realPlay for real
Table of Contents:
Are you new to Online Blackjack? Want to refresh your knowledge or maybe you're interested in the differences between online and offline play? Then take a seat and discover everything you need to know to hit our Online Blackjack tables.
Rules: Getting Started
Let's start with the basic rules and order of play. First of all, make sure you have a real-money account with a balance. You can create your Casino.com UK account by clicking here.
Once you're logged in and your account is funded, choose your Online Blackjack game variation, and then select one of the table limit options. Be sure to choose limits that you are comfortable with. You can also leave the table and select new limits that suit your style.
Making a Bet
To stake your first bet, choose your chip size and place it on the table. You can place multiple chips to increase your bet. For example, setting 2 x £0.50 chips means your total bet will be £1.
Single-Hand & Multi-Hand
Some tables are single-hand, which allows you to play using one hand. Multi-hand tables will enable you to sit at multiple seats and play more than one hand at once.
Order of Play
Once you've placed your first bet and clicked or pressed DEAL, the game will begin.
- You'll be dealt two cards face up, and the Dealer will be dealt two cards – one face up and one face down. (Pay close attention to the face-up card, as it will help with your next decision).
- Now decide if you want to Stand, Hit, Split, Double Down, or Surrender.
- The Dealer will take his turn last. He will Hit on 16, and Stand on 17-21.
- You will win when:
a. The total of your hand is higher than the dealers, but less than 21 or equal to 21.
b. Or if the dealer busts (holds more than 21) and you did not go over 21.
c. Blackjack – if your starting hand contains an Ace and a 10-value card, congratulations you've got a Blackjack and have won the round with a higher payout of 3:2. But be careful, the Dealer can also deal aBlackjack to himself.
Cards in Online Blackjack are worth their face value and all picture cards are worth 10. The only exception is the Ace card, which can be worth 1 or 11.
So, a 4 card is worth 4 points, and a Queen card is worth 10 points. If this is your Blackjack hand, then you currently have 14 points in total.
If your total hand is over 21 points, then you'll automatically Bust, and the round will be over but don't worry, you can't go Bust on the very first deal. Only if you decide to Hit (accept an extra card) can you go Bust.
Hit or Stand
- Hit - After you have received your two cards from the Dealer, you can decide if you want to take another card – you can do so by pushing the Hit button.
- Stand - If you want to keep only your current hand, press Stand to end your turn.
You can do more than just Hit or Stand in Online Blackjack. If you want to master the game and reduce the house edge to its lowest, you'll need to learn all the advanced options as well.
- Split - If you're dealt a matching pair of cards, such as 2 x 5s or 2 x 10s, you can split them. Which means that you'll automatically make another matching bet, your cards will split apart, into two separate hands and you'll receive another card with each hand.
- Double Down - If you think by drawing one more card, you'll be in a strong position, then you can use the Double Down. It will double your bet, and you'll receive one more card which will then end your turn.
- Surrender - Use the Surrender to forfeit your turn and receive half of your bet back. Sometimes it can be used after Splitting.
- Insurance - If the Dealer has an Ace card showing, you'll have the option to take Insurance. By choosing this option, you'll win if the Dealer's 2nd card is a 10. It pays 2:1.
- Side Bets - Side bets allow you to place more wagers for the chance to gain extra wins even if you're Blackjack hand doesn't beat the Dealer.
- 21+ 3 - Betting on the 21+3 side bet allows you to try and make a three-card poker hand by using your first two dealt cards and dealers face-up card.
- Perfect Pair - To bet on a Perfect Pair, place your bet on the Player's Pair betting area just beneath each Blackjack hand's individual betting spot. You can also bet on the Dealer's Pair.
- A Perfect Pair is when the first two cards dealt have the same number and suit, e.g. 2 x 6 of Diamonds.
- Coloured Pair is when the first two cards are matching their colour and number, such as a 5 of Clubs and 5 of Spades. Both cards are black.
- Red/Black Pair is when the first two cards have matching numbers, one is suited Red, and one is suited, Black.
Hand Pays Winning Hand 1:1 Insurance 2:1 Blackjack 3:2 Perfect Pair 25:1 Coloured Pair 12:1 Red/Black Pair 6:1 Suited Three of a Kind 100:1
If you need help in-game, click the settings menu and then 'Help' to find info about how to play, payouts and an explanation of the game interface.
- European Blackjack - The Dealer only receives the 2nd card after your turn has ended
- American Blackjack - The Dealer's 2nd card is accepted before your decision-making round begins
- Spanish 21 - All the 10 cards are removed, but not the Face cards
- Switch - Switch a card between two different hands
- Pontoon - Getting a 5-card hand totaling 21 or less pays 2:1
- Double Attack - Double your bet after the Dealer's face-up card is visible
Odds and Payouts
Here's a quick tip to understanding the payout format - when you win a bet, you receive back your original stake plus an amount that's a multiple of your bet:
Winning Hand Pays £1 Bet Pays Regular Hand 1:1 £2 (£1 + £1) Blackjack 3:2 £2.5 (£1.5 + £1)
Basic Strategies and Tips
We mentioned how to use Split, Double and Surrender, but now let's talk about the optimal situation to use each option.
Split - You don't want to Split your cards recklessly in the hopes it will increase your odds, it won't. Be sure to use the table below to get the best chances to beat the Dealer. If you're not sure when to use this option, then it's best to leave it alone.
Your Hand When to Split vs the Dealer 2's, 3's 4 through 7 4's, 5's, 10's Never 6's 3 through 6 7's 2 through 7 8's Always 9's 2 through 6 and 8 or 9 Ace's Always
Double Down - Double your bet in return for just one card. As you'll see in the tables below, when to double down is heavily dependent if you have an Ace in your hand.
Your Hand Double if Dealers face-up card is: 9 3 to 6 10 2 to 9 11 2 to 10
Your Hand Double if Dealers face-up card is: A and 2 5, 6 A and 3 5, 6 A and 4,5 4,5,6 A and 6 3 to 6 A and 7 2 to 6 A and 8 6
Surrender - When should you forfeit your hand and receive half your original stake back? It heavily depends on the number of decks used and other factors. Most typically players surrender when the Dealer is showing an Ace card face-up, which means he may have a Blackjack hand.
You can experience our full suite of Online Blackjack games on any screen size, no matter how big or small. The gaming experience is the exact same, and all buttons and features are available, but with a mobile twist, ensuring a seamless experience.
In order words, you play on the go, on your couch or standing in line at the supermarket. For the best experience ensure you have a reliable network signal or Wi-Fi connection.
Promotions and Bonuses
If you want to seriously boost your casino bankroll then check out our latest Welcome Bonus Offers and Promotions before starting to play. You'll find non-stop goodies and perks, including some hand-crafted ones just for fans of Online Blackjack.
Don't just take our word for it – check our casino bonuses page to see for yourself. You can also view all T&Cs for wagering requirements and more.
- How to win at Blackjack? You need to have a higher-scoring hand than the Dealer without going over 21. If it's a tie, then you'll receive your bet back. However, a Blackjack Hand will beat a regular 21-point hand.
- Is it possible to count cards in Online Blackjack? The short answer is no. That's because the cards are shuffled after every round in Online Blackjack. In land-based casinos, the deck is shuffled after several hands have been played. Some gamblers believe they can gain an advantage by keeping a score of the number of high cards drawn, but such tactics are not possible in the online version.
- Where can I play Blackjack against a Live Dealer? If you want to play against a Live Dealer, then check out our Live Dealer Blackjack games. Here you can experience the thrill of Blackjack with our friendly team of Casino Dealers who are all waiting to deal you in the next round. Thanks to Playtech's Eurolive platform, the action is streamed directly to your screen, including all tablet and mobile phone devices.
- What makes Casino.com UK the best blackjack casino? At Casino.com UK, you'll find only the best Online Blackjack variations in our award-winning casino lobby. Our fantastic Customer Support team is available 24/7, and we're fully licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission, which is the ultimate seal of trust. When it comes to depositing and cashing out, we have only trusted and secure methods to ensure the best experience.
Help and Support
With so many thrilling variations of Blackjack available, you may need a helping hand in understanding the ins and outs of the game. And we've got your back if you need any help:
- In-game Help Menu - Open your selected game, and then click on the options menu (which looks like a wheel cog). From here you can select the Help option to view the game rules, including an explanation of the side bets and how to use the game interface. Also available is a Paytable to see the possible winning amounts from each bet available in the game.
- Customer Support - Our expertly trained Customer Support team are always on-hand to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and you can contact us via Live Chat, email or telephone.
Play for Real Money
Online Blackjack offers one of the best odds of all Online Casinos and is simple to learn, which may be why it's one of the most popular casino games of all time and continues to develop new variations and side bets. If you want the best Blackjack experience, then there's no better place than Casino.com UK.
You can play against the computer or take on our Live Dealers in the race for the strongest hand. If you don't already have an account, you can create one by clicking here.
Be sure to snap up your exclusive Welcome Bonus Package before hitting the tables to give your balance a boost.