Casino Stud Poker at Casino.com IE
Casino Stud Poker LivePlay for real
Poker is one of Ireland’s biggest card games, and when you consider how varied it is and how many betting opportunities and payout possibilities it provides, it’s easy to see why.
Casino Stud Poker is a great example of that. This variant of 5-Card Stud Poker was developed by Playtech and launched back in July 2019. It pits player against dealer in a 5-card battle and there are also two side bets to expand the possibilities even further.
If you’re looking for a fast and varied Live Poker game that’s easy to play and is available 24/7, check out Casino Stud Poker today. You can jump straight into a hand by signing up for a Casino.com account and making a deposit. Alternatively, look at the following review to see what makes this game unique.
Rules: How to Play Casino Stud Poker
Whether you’re a Hold’em pro ready to make the switch to Stud or a complete Poker newbie, you’ll be happy to know that Casino Stud Poker is a very straightforward game that’s easy to learn. In fact, there are only a few basic conceptions to remember:
- Ace is High: A pair of kings will always be beaten by a pair of aces and an ace high is worth more than a king high. The ace is also the first and last card in a straight. You can have A, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10, J, Q, K, A, for instance, but you can’t have K, A, 2, 3, 4 or Q, K, A, 2, 3.
- Payouts: The lowest payout is 1:1 and the highest is the progressive jackpot. However, you can only win the latter if you have wagered on the jackpot side bet, and it will be shared with other players if they have also made that wager.
- Ante, Call, and Fold: You begin the game with an ante and continue with a call. Alternatively, you can end the hand by opting to fold. Unlike games of Texas Hold’em, there is no option to bet or raise.
- Side Bets: There are two side bets. The 5+1 makes a 5-card hand from all player cards and 1 dealer card. The jackpot awards a progressive prize when a royal flush is revealed.
As for Poker hands values, they are the same for Casino Stud Poker as they are for other Live Poker variants. Keep reading to learn more.
Casino Stud Poker Hands
If you’re a poker player with non-poker playing friends, there’s a good chance you’ve heard the words, “What beats what?”. They are usually uttered as everyone is sitting around the table. They all agree to a game, you count out the chips, deal the cards, and just as you’re ready to start betting, those three words drag everything to a screeching halt, and you realize that your friends are not as prepared as you thought.
Fortunately, understanding poker hand values is actually quite easy. There are not as many of them as newbies seem to think, and when it comes to the question of “what beats what?”, the answer is mostly down to common sense.
You need to learn that a flush beats a straight, but everyone knows that 2 pair is better than 1 pair, 4 of a kind beats 3 of a kind, and a straight flush beats a regular straight and a regular flush.
See our list of poker hand values below for a refresh.
- High Card: A hand that doesn’t include any pairs or anything else of value and, as a result, is judged based on its highest card.
- Pair: Two cards of the same type.
- 2 Pairs: Two pairs of different values, such as 7, 7 and 8, 8. If the cards were all 7s, it would be a four of a kind and not 2 pairs.
- 3 of a Kind: Three cards of the same value, such as 7, 7, 7.
- Straight: A full hand of 5 consecutive cards, such as 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- Flush: Five cards (of any value) that are all in the same suit.
- Full House: A hand that combines a pair with a three of a kind.
- 4 of a Kind: Four cards of the same value.
- Straight Flush: A straight and a flush combined. The cards need to be consecutive and in the same suit.
- Royal Flush: The ultimate poker hand and one that is formed by having a straight flush using the 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace.
Casino Stud Poker Rules
Place your bet by putting chips in the ante square. The dealer will then give 5 face-up cards to the player and 5 to themselves (only one of which is face-up).
The next step is to call or fold. If it’s a call, the dealer will check to see if they qualify with at least a king high. When they fail to qualify, the bet settles as a 1:1 ante win, with the call wager returned. If they qualify, the two hands are compared and the one with the strongest poker hand ranking wins.
The player then receives a payment based on the payout table below.
Casino Stud Poker Payouts
The biggest possible payout on Casino Stud Poker is the progressive jackpot, which is only paid to players who wager on the jackpot side bet. There are other big payouts available using this side bet and the 5+1 side bet. As for the main game, it awards between 1:1 and 100:1 depending on the hand ranking.
Casino Stud Poker Hand Payout 5+1 Side Bet Jackpot Side Bet Royal Flush 100:1 1000:1 Jackpot Straight Flush 50:1 200:1 2500x 4 of a Kind 25:1 100:1 250x Full House 10:1 20:1 50x Flush 7:1 15:1 25x Straight 5:1 10:1 10x 3 of a Kind 3:1 7:1 3x 2 Pairs 2:1 x x Pair 1:1 x x High Card 1:1 x x
Bonuses and Promotions
The best way to experience games like Casino Stud Poker is with a handful of chips, and as a new player, there could be stacks of them waiting for you. Our Golden Chips promotions offer free hands of card games and free spins of wheel-based games; our spins let you trial our top slot games.
Before you join Casino.com and deal yourself into those first few hands, check our Promotions page and see if there are any bonuses that you qualify for. Don’t forget to check the Terms and Conditions before you opt in.
Casino Stud Poker FAQ:
What is Casino Stud Poker’s RTP?
Casino Stud Poker has one of the highest RTPs of any Live Poker game. It comes to 98.18% in total, and this applies to optimal play for the ante and call bets. The RTP drops to 91.44% for the 5+1 side bet and 81.84% for the jackpot side bet.
What is Casino Stud Poker’s minimum bet?
The lowest possible bet is just €0.50. You can place this bet using the “0.5” chip denomination. Just click it and select the “ante” option to place your wager.
What is Casino Stud Poker’s max bet?
The maximum stake goes as high as €500 and as with the lowest bet, there is a chip denomination for this. At the end of the chip stack, you’ll find a “500” chip. Use this to place the max bet. Alternatively, you can create your bet by stacking the lower denomination chips.
Can I play on mobile?
As with all casino games at Casino.com, Casino Stud Poker is available on mobile. It’s supported across a multitude of devices and platforms, including iOS and Android. You don’t need a high-tech device. It doesn’t even matter if it’s a few years old—you’ll still be able to enjoy our games as they were meant to be enjoyed.
Play Casino Stud Poker for Real Money
Are you ready to play the most exciting Live Poker game around? Simply visit the Casino.com sign up page, enter your personal details, and make a deposit. You can choose from a number of safe, secure, and fast payment methods and if you’re new around here, you’ll even be given a Welcome Package when you make a qualifying deposit.