Play American Blackjack at Casino.com
American Blackjack Rules
Although built on a foundation of standard blackjack rules, American Blackjack stands in a class of its own. While playing American Blackjack for real money, players must consider the following points.
- Re-splitting is not permitted.
- Players can draw only one card after splitting aces.
- Doubling after splitting is permitted.
- The dealer is not allowed to check for blackjack.
- The dealer can hit when he has a point value of 16 or lesser.
- The dealer stands when the point value of his hand is 17 or more.
- If players double their bets when the dealer’s first card is an ace and the dealer gets blackjack, players will lose both bets. However, if the dealer’s first card is a ten, players will get back their double bet.
- The variant allows players to buy insurance against a possible dealer blackjack.
- If players draw 10 cards without going bust, they will get a 10 Card Charlie, which has a payout of 1:1. However, if the dealer gets blackjack, the 10 Card Charlie won't get a payout.
How to Play
To play the game, players need to place a bet and click on the Deal button. They will then receive two face-up cards while the dealer gets one face-up and one face-down. If the dealer’s face-up card is an ace, players can buy an insurance bet. Players can also hit, stand, split, or double by clicking on the relevant buttons. Once the hands are completed, they are compared and payouts, if any, are awarded.
The game is available in the multihand mode and has a payout percentage of 99.53% when the optimal strategy is used.
American Blackjack Payouts
If players get blackjack, they will get a payout equal to one-and-a-half times their original bets. If players create a hand closer to point value 21 than the dealer, they will be paid even money. If the point value of the player’s hand exceeds point value 21, she goes bust or loses the game. In case of a tie, players will get back their original bets.
Start Playing American Blackjack for Real Money
To start playing American Blackjack and other online casino games such as slots, scratchcards, and video pokers at Casino.com Canada, players need to register a real play account, make their first deposit, and get the 100% up to $400 Bonus (plus 200 free spins).