Play Mega Moolah Progressive Slot Game
Table of Contents:
Mega Moolah is a popular online slot game, in large part due to its record-setting progressive jackpot. Four progressive jackpots can be won, with the mega jackpot starting with a €1,000,000 payout. This jackpot set a Guinness Book of World Records with a €13.2 million payout to a single punter.
The main game is often overlooked, but it has some nice features on its own. The theme takes place in the African safari, with wild animals roaming on the reels. There is a free spin feature that triples all your wins.
Read this overview for all the details, including tips, strategies, and betting options.
- Game Type: Progressive Jackpot
- Return to Player (RTP): 88.12% + 8.8% (Progressive Jackpot Contribution)
- Volatility: Medium - High
- Themes: Safari, Africa, Animals
- Release Year: 2006
Play for Fun
Test out the game in Practice Mode for free above and get a good feel for the base game. Since you’ll be playing with virtual money, there is no chance of winning real money. The progressive jackpots are also deactivated in the Practice Mode.
Play for Real Money
To play for real money, and have a chance at winning one of the jackpots, you will need to register an account and make a deposit. The process is quick and easy, with multiple payment options available for Irish punters.
Jackpot and Winning Odds
Over the past decade, Mega Moolah jackpots have paid out over fifty million dollars, so it’s no surprise that players worldwide seek out this slot game. The biggest payout, over €13 million, was won by a player who made the minimum €0.25 bet.
The jackpot is triggered at random, and it will bring you to a bonus wheel. All four jackpots are represented on the wheel, but of course, the odds of winning the Mega Jackpot are much smaller than winning the Mini Jackpot.
Jackpot sizes and structure:
- Mini Progressive Jackpot – This is the most commonly won jackpot. The pot starts at 10 and grows from there.
- Minor Progressive Jackpot – The second most common jackpot on the Bonus Wheel has a starting jackpot of 100.
- Major Progressive Jackpot - The big wins can happen in this jackpot, with a minimum €10,000 to be won.
- Mega Progressive Jackpot – This is the jackpot that has everyone talking. With a minimum €1,000,000 jackpot, it can grow to over 10 million and up.
The overall RTP (Return to Player) in Mega Moolah is 96.25% or 88.12% for the base game plus 8.8% for the progressive jackpot. This means that on average if you spend €100 at the slot machine, you should walk away with €96.25. It is important to understand that the RTP is based on the data from millions of games – not €100. So, while it’s good to know the RTP, don’t decide to keep on playing based solely on the RTP.
Rules: How to Play
There are just a few things you need to know to start playing Mega Moolah for real money. The first step is to open an account and make a deposit. After, just set your bet, click the spin button and see how the symbols land on the reels. When it comes to making your bet, there are a few essential things to know.
- How the betting system works: Mega Moolah is a fixed 25 payline game. This means that if you make the minimum bet of 0.01, that’s a per line bet and the actual bet will be €0.25. However, all payouts are based on the line bet and not the overall bet. The maximum bet is €0.25 per line, which comes out to €6.25 per spin.
- Symbols: The high-value symbols in this game all represent the African safari theme. The game also has a wild and scatter symbol.
- Standard: An elephant is the top paying regular symbol, with a max payout of €37.50 should you line up five on a payline. It is joined on the reels by an elk, giraffe, zebra, and deer. The lower value symbols are the standard laying card symbols, 10, J, Q, K, A. They have a maximum payout range from €2 – €7.50. You can see a complete paytable in the chart below.
- Wild: The lion is the games wild symbol and highest valued symbol, with a payout of up to 15,000 times the line bet. When it takes part in a winning combination, the lion will roar and add a 2x multiplier to the win.
- Scatter: A red-headed girl is the games scatter symbol. When there are at least three of these symbols anywhere on the reels, you will get to play 15 free spins. The symbol also pays out when there two or more on the reels at once.
|Symbols||2x on the Reels||3x on the Reels||4x on the Reels||5x on the Reels|
|Scatter||15 Free Spins||15 Free Spins||15 Free Spins|
Bonus Round: The free spin is the one bonus round that can be triggered during regular gameplay. Once you get at least three scatter symbols you’ll receive 15 free spins with a 3x multiplier.
Of course, there is the progressive jackpot feature which can be randomly triggered on any spin. When this happens, you will get a chance to spin the Bonus Wheel. The wheel has multiple segments on it, each one representing one of the four jackpots. The majority of the sections are for the mini jackpot, followed by the minor, major, and lastly one segment for the mega jackpot.
Strategies and Tips
While winning the progressive jackpot requires a bit of luck, there are some things you can to help increase your odds of winning.
- Don’t just bet the minimum: Punters who make larger bets have better odds of winning one of the progressive jackpots.
- Play the “hot machine”: There is a theory that some machines go “hot” or “cold” and, if you look at the Mega Moolah history, you’ll see that there is some truth behind that theory. The Mega jackpot has a few winners in bunches before going cold.
- Money Management: While the odds are increased when you make bigger bets, that doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to just make the maximum bet. If you have a €200 bet you can either play 32 games making the maximum bet or 400 games making the €0.50 bet. (This calculation is just for illustrative purposes and doesn’t take into account any money that you can win during the regular game). The odds that you’ll hit the jackpot are higher over the course of 400 games than it is while playing just 36 games, even though you’ll be making a larger bet.
Bonuses and Free Spins
Casino.com Ireland has a great collection of bonuses and promotional offers for both new and returning players. There are even Mega Moolah specific bonuses that can give Irish punters free spins while playing this casino game. Check out the promotion page for all the latest bonus offers and to see the wager requirements.
Whether you’re new to Casino.com and looking to make a first deposit or a funding an active account, several payment methods are available to Irish punters. The following are some of the most popular choices:
- Bank Transfer (Wire)
For the complete list of all deposit options accepted by the cashier, visit our payment methods page.
Software and Mobile Experience
The cartoon symbols come alive on the small screen, with the help of the background noises that play during the game. Even if you’re using an older Android or iOS device you shouldn’t notice any lagging. The buttons were also designed specifically for small screens, so they are large enough to push, without taking away from the gameplay.
Between the affordable maximum bet of just €6.25 to the €1,000,000 mega jackpots, there is a lot to like when playing Mega Moolah for real money. Don’t just take our word for it, register your account and try your luck today.