The Best Online Casinos of Alberta
Edmonton and Calgary are two of the most well known cities in Canada and they are found in the province of Alberta, which offers visitors a wide range of activities when it comes to sightseeing and adventure. Banff and Jasper, are two of the oldest national parks in the world and offer visitors some spectacular scenery featuring amazing landscapes of lakes and mountains.
Visitors can enjoy these sights during the day and then headover to the casinos to play and have some fun. It is always a good idea to take some time and play at some of the online casinos in Alberta and gain some practice before heading over to the live casinos and playing for real money.
The Casinos in Alberta: The province of Alberta has 35 casinos, which is the highest number of casinos compared to all the other provinces. Below, we take a look at some of the best and most popular casinos in Alberta.
- The River Cree Resort and Casino: is situated in Enoch which is near Edmonton and is one of the biggest casinos in Alberta with a gaming floor that is 62,000 square feet and a convention center that is 35,000 square feet. The casino was opened in October 2006 and has a total of 1,100 slot machines, 12 poker tables and is opened 24/7. The Marriot Hotel at the resort has 250 rooms for guests to stay and the three restaurants serve a variety of dishes.
- The Palace Casino: is one of the oldest casinos in Alberta and was opened in 1981. The casino is located in Edmonton and has a gaming floor that covers 64,000 square feet. The casino has a total of 670 slot machines and 35 gaming tables that offer patrons a number of games such as blackjack, poker, baccarat and roulette. The casino is currently going through a $45 million makeover and is expected to open its upgraded facilities towards the end of 2016. The new and upgraded facility will be known as the Starlight Casino Edmonton.
- The Casino Edmonton: is located in Edmonton as the name suggests and has a gaming floor which covers 63,000 square feet. The casino has a total of 638 slot machines and 23 table games. Patrons will be able to enjoy a number of exciting games such as craps, blackjack, roulette, mini-baccarat, stud poker and Sic Bo. The poker room functions 24/7, the slot machines stay open from 10 am to 3 am and the gaming tables function from 12 noon to 2 am. The casino also has a self service buffet which serves up great American food.
- The Casino Yellowhead: is another casino that is located in Edmonton and offers gamblers a lot of space with a gaming floor that covers 73,500 square feet. The casino has a total of 772 slot machines and 32 table games. Some of the table games offered include poker, craps, baccarat, roulette and blackjack. There are three restaurants at the casino and all of them serve American cuisine.
- The Eagle River Casino: is situated in Whitecourt, which is about 200km north-west of Edmonton. This casino has a total of 250 slot machines and 18 gaming tables. The casino has a special poker room and a smoking section across its gaming floor. There is also a buffet available at the casino enabling patrons to satisfy their hunger pangs whenever they feel like it.
- The Boomtown Casino: in located in Fort McMurry and is more than 400km north-east of Edmonton. This is one of the smaller casinos in Alberta with a gaming floor that is just 12,000 square feet. The casino has a total of 200 slot machines and 12 table games. Blackjack is one of the most popular games at this casino. There is a café-restaurant functioning at this casino.
- The APEX Casino: is situated in St. Albert which is near Edmonton. The casino has a total of 388 slot machines and 11 gaming tables and offers a number of popular games such as blackjack, Texas Hold'em, craps and roulette. There is a coffee-bar and a restaurant at the casino that allows patrons to take a break from gambling and refuel.
- The Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino: This hotel casino has a gaming floor that covers 40,000 square feet and has a total of 300 slot machines and 13 gaming tables. Some of the top games at this casino are blackjack, poker, baccarat, Texas Holdem and roulette. There are three restaurants situated at this resort which make it easy for patrons to have a quick meal and head back to the gaming tables.
- The Casino Lethbridge: is situated 250 km to the south-east of Calgary and has a gaming floor that covers 13,000 square feet. The casino has a total of 210 slot machines and 12 gaming tables offering games such as American roulette, Caribbean Stud, blackjack mini baccarat and poker. There is also a pizzeria and a grill located at the casino.
- The Great Northern Casino: is located in a small town known as Grande Prairie, which is 450 km to the north-west of Edmonton. The casino has a boutique hotel and a gaming floor that covers 30,000 square feet. There are a total of 300 slot machines and 18 table games. Some of the popular table games at this casino are blackjack, poker and roulette.