Play Double Attack Blackjack Online at Casino.com Canada
Double Attack Blackjack is a variation of the popular card game that allows you to add an additional bet once you have seen the dealer’s up-card if you think his hand is weak. Because of the advantage the player has, there are some changes made to the game such as the fact that all tens are removed from the decks, resulting in a Spanish deck of 48 cards. Here at our online casino you can enjoy this exciting blackjack variation, along with a wide range of other online casino games.
Rules of the Game
Once bets are placed the dealer will be dealt one card face up. At this point, the player is able to place an additional bet, up to the value of the initial bet. Each hand is then dealt one card in turn with both cards dealt to the player face up and the second card dealt to the dealer face down. From this point, the game continues in much the same way as a classic blackjack game.
Players are able to take out an Insurance bet if the dealer’s face up card is an Ace. This is insurance against the dealer having Blackjack. The player will then play their hand and will be able to choose from the following options:
- Surrender – late surrender only is available after the dealer has checked for blackjack. You can surrender after hitting, doubling and splitting, but not after standing. Surrendering is at the cost of half your initial and double attack bets.
- Double down – player doubles their initial bet and receives one more card
- Double max – player double both the initial bet and the double attack bet
- Split – two cards of equal value can be split and played as two separate hands with two separate bets.
- Hit – receive another card
- Stand – receive no more cards and end your turn
Winning at Double Attack Blackjack
There are a number of ways to win at Double Attack Blackjack. You can win by:
- Getting closer to 21 than the dealer without going bust
- Getting under 21 while the dealer goes bust
- Getting blackjack (Ace and a ten-valued card)
Blackjack beats a hand of 21.
The double attack bet, also sometimes known as the Bust it! bet, is won if the dealer busts with only three cards. The double attack bet pays out according to the value of the third card which busts the dealer’s hand. The lower the value of the third card, the higher the payout, meaning that if the dealer busts with a third card valued as 2, the player will be paid out more than if the dealer busts on a card valued as 9.
Besides for Double Attack Blackjack there is a whole suite of exciting and quality online blackjack games available here, at Casino.com Canada.