Play Live Hold’em Poker
Live Hold’emPlay for real
Table of Contents:
Poker is one of the most famous casino games in the world. The online gaming boom has played a part in its surge in popularity, with millions of people enjoying the thrill of poker in their own home at any time. Our online players love the Live Hold’em Poker game as it offers that unique card-turning experience that you can only get in live gaming.
Casino.com South Africa provides a secure and fair gaming environment for everyone. The betting limits ensure that players at all levels of experience and skill can enjoy the game.
Another benefit of our Live Hold’em Poker is that you don’t need a huge buy-in, which some of the real-world poker games demand.
- Live Dealer Hold’em Games: 1+
- Platform: Playtech.
- Min-Max Bet Limits: $1 to $5000
- Watching Option: Yes, you can watch Hold’em games live.
Live Casino Hold’em Poker Games Available to Play
If you want to play any of our Live Casino games, you’ll need to create a real money account first. We recommend that you sign up and register today, make your deposit, and get access to our great Live collection. Existing players can simply click on the game image above to get started.
We’ve put together the important details of our best Hold’em game in the table below. This includes the RTP, the official betting limits, and a summary of the game:
Live Hold’em Game Name Bet Limits (Min-Max) RTP % Description Casino Hold’Em $1-$5000 93.74% to 99.18% Unlimited players take on the house in this fast-paced Hold’em Poker game, with payouts up to 100 to 1 available.
Why Live Dealer Hold’em?
If you’ve ever played the standard online Hold’em, you’ll know how the game works - but it doesn’t even come close to the experience of playing with a live dealer. The immersive gameplay puts you straight into the casino atmosphere with all the sounds and visuals that you would expect from the casino floor.
Beginners might feel slightly put off with the thought of playing an unknown game with a real dealer at first, but let us set the record straight now: there’s nothing to worry about. It’s a relaxed environment and you always remain in control. Plus, there’s no need for extras like a web cam or additional downloads.
It’s just you, a stable internet connection for the best possible HD video stream and the Live Casino Hold’em Poker game.
- Big payouts up to 100:1.
- Mobile-friendly gaming experience.
- Immersive gameplay and HD video streaming.
- No web cam or extra equipment needed.
- The set time limit for each betting round.
- Internet connection must be stable to enjoy a smooth experience.
Our Live Casino Hold’em game features a simple setup: it’s you versus the dealer. You don’t need to wait for other players to bet and you don’t need to bring your poker face to the table either, but obviously no one is stopping you if you want to!
Live Hold’em Game Flow
A typical Live Hold’Em Poker betting round can be split up into three parts:
- Betting Rounds.
Setup: Firstly, you need to place your ante-bet (also known as your buy-in). If you’re looking to bet on the AA side bet (more on this shortly), now is the time to do so. Once your bets are down, the cards come into play.
Betting Rounds: You will now receive two cards facing up. The dealer will receive two cards facing down. The three flop cards will be lined up in the middle of the table. You now have the decision to either call or fold. Calling will require you to place another bet 2x your buy-in amount. Folding means that you will wait for the next hand and lose your ante-bet.
Showdown: If you choose to call, the last two cards will be dealt out next to the three cards already placed in the middle of the table. You then use those five cards and your two cards to make the best possible poker hand. If your poker hand beats the dealer, you win the bet. The betting round is brought to a close and you go again.
Key Live Hold’em Poker Phrases
- The Dealer: The dealer is who you play against. They must qualify with at least a pair of 4’s. If not, you win and your bet is settled in accordance with your poker hand.
- The Blinds: Used in the traditional Texas Hold’em games, the blinds refer to the small and large bets that are forced upon the two players on the left-hand side of the dealer. In Live Hold’em, only the small blind is used, (known as the ante-bet).
- Pre-Flop: Pre-Flop relates to the traditional game of Texas Hold’em. This allows players to check, call, and raise before the first three cards are dealt.
- Flop: The Flop relates to when the first three cards are dealt out to the middle of the table. In Live Hold’Em, all cards are dealt out during the Flop.
- Turn: Mostly used in Texas Hold’em, the Turn refers to when the fourth card is placed in the middle of the table.
- River: The River is another term used in Texas Hold’em, when the fifth and final card is dealt out.
- Fourth Street & Fifth Street: These are different terms used to describe the Turn and River.
- AA Side Bet: If you hit a pair of Aces or better on the Flop, you win a payout in relation to the hand you won with. You’ll need to place this bet before you start for it to be valid.
- Button: In Texas Hold’em, players take turns in dealing out the cards. The button marks who the current dealer is.
If you’re ever in doubt about this game or anything in the Live Casino, just click on the in-game “help” menu in the top corner of the game screen. You can find all of the important game information in regards to things like rules, game flow, and payouts here.
Odds and Payouts
The main aim in Live Casino Hold’em is to make the best poker hand possible, in the hope that yours will beat the dealer’s hand. The different types of hand you can make will reflect the payout you receive if you win.
A Pair is the lowest hand with a payout of 1:1. A Royal Flush pays out a huge 100:1. It’s worth noting, especially for beginners, that the live game system will always decide what your best hand is. You don’t need to memorise the different poker hands and their hierarchy in terms of payout. For reference though, here’s how they stand in order of importance from low to high:
- Full House
- Four of a Kind
- Straight Flush
- Royal Flush
The ‘Help’ section detailed below provides extra assistance if you need to find out the payouts and specific odds for each game.
Top 3 Live Hold’em Strategies
Being able to work out the best possible chances from your two initial cards is essential if you want to master the game of Live Casino Hold’em. It’s what separates the good from the great players and, thankfully, there are one or two ways in which you can improve your gameplay. Take a look at the popular strategy options below:
- Always call on pairs or better: If you’re dealt a pair of any kind, you should always call and see the round out to the end. Holding any pair is always going to put you in a strong position to better your hand via the Flop, which will improve your odds on winning the round overall.
- Back single high cards: In this strategy, you should always go in for the win if you’re holding an Ace or picture card. These have higher chances of winning when it comes down to deciding who has the better hand.
- Folding the Flop: Understanding when to fold will allow you to keep hold of your money and not throw it away unnecessarily. If you’re holding low number cards and the Flop offers no path to a win, then fold. You can’t bluff your way to a win in Live Hold’em, as it’s only you and the dealer.
Live Casino Hold’em Software
- The software provider behind our Live Casino gaming collection is Playtech. The Eurolive platform was the only choice for us as it gives our players 100% security and the best live gaming experience.
- It’s not just Live Hold’em that our players can enjoy at Casino.com South Africa. The Eurolive platform also offers our players a variety of casino games, including such titles as Hi-Lo, Spin a Win, 3 Card Brag, and many more.
It’s hard not to be impressed by Playtech’s Eurolive platform. The fact that it fully supports mobile gaming is one of the reasons that we had to partner with them.
Playing the Live Dealer Hold’em Poker game on your mobile device is as smooth and enjoyable as on your desktop. Navigating around the game, placing bets, and chatting with other players is all possible thanks to the optimised touch screen buttons.
You don’t lose any of the quality from Playtech’s HD video stream, which makes the mobile experience all the more exciting. You get all of that real casino atmosphere on your mobile screen, and that means you can take it wherever you go. Just make sure you’ve got 4G/5G network coverage, or at least a stable Wi-Fi connection, before you get started.
The Live Dealer Hold’em Poker game is enjoyed by many of our South African players already. Why is it so popular? You don’t need to wait for a seat, you don’t need to bluff — you just play your game against the live dealer in front of you.
It might seem like a daunting experience to beginners, but please don’t worry. There’s plenty of help at hand:
- Game Help Menu: Selecting the ‘hamburger’ menu in the top left-hand corner of the Hold’em window will bring up the help page. Read up and refresh your memory with everything from game flow, payouts, and statistics to betting options and betting limits.
- Customer Support: If you would rather chat to someone real, our excellent support team is available 24/7 through all of the usual contact avenues: telephone, email, and live chat.
Bonuses and Promotions
Playing at Casino.com South Africa has many benefits. We take pride in making sure our online promotions, bonuses and free spins offers are the best that they can be. We suggest that you visit our promotions page before you start playing, as we often have exclusive Live Dealer Hold’em Poker bonuses available.
We also recommend that you read through our casino bonuses page. The page is full of information on all the bonuses, promotions, and wagering requirements that you can claim expect to find right here at Casino.com South Africa.
Other Live Dealer Games Available
You can play many other types of Live Dealer online games at Casino.com South Africa, and as we said earlier, the Eurolive platform from Playtech offers lots of variation. This is exactly why we chose to partner with them. Once you’re in the Live Casino lobby, you’ll have access to all of our games such as Live Blackjack, Live Baccarat and Live Roulette.
The popularity of Live Casino gaming continues to grow, and our South African players are enjoying the very best live action on the market. If you’ve not yet tried these games, come and play today. Casino.com South Africa is the best Live Hold’em casino to play at - you won’t be disappointed!