Play Book of Oz: Lock and Spin Slot Game
Book of OzPlay for real
After seeing a lot of success with the popular Book of Oz video slot, Microgaming studio designed a sequel called Book of Oz: Lock and Spin. Like the original, the sequel also has 10 paylines and a £25 max bet, but it stands apart when it comes to extra features.
Book of OZ: Lock and Spin has a Hyperspin feature, which allows you to hold up to 4 reels, for a price of course, and spin all the other reels. There is also a bonus spin feature with expanding symbols and a second chance feature. Get all the details in this Casino.com UK slot review.
- Game Type: 5 reels, 3 rows, 10 paylines
- RTP: 96.60%
- Volatility: High
- Themes: Fantasy
- Release Year: 2019
Play for Real Money
Create an online casino account and play Book of Oz: Lock and Spin for real money today. The process is quick and easy. Click on the image above to get started, and once you’ve entered the required details, you’ll be able to make a deposit. There are several secure payment methods to choose from, and once the money is your account, you will be able to claim a Welcome Package that can be used while playing online slot games. For all the latest bonus offers, check out the Casino.com UK promotions page.
While there is no progressive jackpot in the Book of Oz: Lock and Spin slot game, there a single spin win of 5,000 times your bet if you land five of the magician in the green hat symbols on a payline during the bonus spin feature. That comes out to £125,000 if you make the £25 max bet.
The Book of Oz: Lock and Spin slot game has 10 fixed paylines and pays out wins that beginning with the first reel on the left. At the end of any spin, you can choose to lock up to 4 reels and respin the reels. Each reel has a price under it that you will have to pay before spinning the reels.
- Coins: There are 22 coin sizes to from when placing a bet. The smallest coin and minimum bet is 10p, and the maximum bet is £25. To change your bet, click on the + or – icon next to the Spin button, or on mobile devices, click on the chip icon to open the betting window.
- Symbols: The main character in the Book of Oz is a magician wearing a green hat. Line up 5 of these symbols on a single line, and you’ll receive a payout of 500 times your bet. The other top paying symbols are a lion statue in a vial, a key in a glass, and a heart in a beaker. These symbols have top payouts between 75x and 200x. The lower value symbols are A, K, Q, J, and 10.
- Wild: The book symbol is wild and can substitute for any other symbol on the reels.
- Scatter: In addition to being the Wild symbol, the book symbol is also the games scatter symbol. You can trigger the extra spin feature when there are 3m 4m or 5 scatter symbols on the reels at once.
Symbol 2x on Reels 3x on Reels 4x on Reels 5x on Reels Green Hat Magician 1x 10x 100x 500x Lion 0.5x 4x 40x 200x Key 0.5x 3x 10x 75x Heart 0.5x 3x 10x 75x A 0.5x 4x 15x K 0.5x 4x 15x Q 0.5x 2.5x 10x J 0.5x 2.5x 10x 10 0.5x 2.5x 10x Scatter 2x (10 bonus Spins) 20x (12 bonus Spins) 200x (25 bonus spins)
- Bonus Features: The Hyperspins, or reel locking, is the main feature in this game. If you go to the settings, there is an option to have the game recommend good times to hold reels, based on your preferences. The value of each reel will depend on several factors, including the symbols on the reel and whether other reels are also locked. So, for example, a reel with a scatter on it will cost more than a reel with a 10, and if you hold 2 reels, each with a scatter symbol, the second one will cost even more.
When you get between 3 and 5 scatter symbols on the reels on a single spin, you will activate the bonus spin feature. Before the extra spins begin, one symbol will be chosen at random to be an expanding symbol. That symbol will expand in during spins when a win can be completed. Once the symbol is chosen, you will have the option to have another symbol selected in hopes of getting a better symbol. Of course, you also run the risk of having a lower value symbol selected.
Software and Mobile Experience
Microgaming pulled out all the stops when they developed the mobile version of the Book of Oz: Lock and Spin slot game. The Spin button can be moved to make sure that it is in the most comfortable location for you. The gameplay and odds are the same as the desktop version, with the biggest difference being how you change your bets. Click on the chips icon to open the betting window and choose the size of your bet.
The Lock and Spin is a unique feature that gives this game a videopoker feel. See if you can lock the reels and attempt either line of the Magician symbol or see how any scatter symbols you can get in a row. Register your account and make a deposit today so you can play this game for real money.