You don’t need to hail from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales to play this version of Blackjack online. UK Blackjack is for everyone no matter where in the world you live and is very popular in Canada.
UK Blackjack Basics
Come rain or shine (or even snow), UK Blackjack will guarantee you a good time as long as you have a sound playing strategy. To come up with your winning strategy, you need to first learn the game inside out and like the back of your hand. Here’s a quick recap of some of the basics of the version:
- Your aim is the same as always in this card favourite, which is to beat the dealer by getting closer to 21.
- You’ll want to avoid going ‘bust’ which means to go over 21, because you will lose the round.
- Each type of card has its own numerical value – Aces equal 1 or 11, Face-cards (Jack, Queen, King) are equal to 10, and 1-10 are at their face-value.
- If you hit ‘Blackjack’ by getting an Ace and a Face card in the first two cards, you’ll automatically win. This is the highest valued hand because it adds up to 21 using only 2 cards.
- You’ll win if you get closer to 21 than the dealer, if you get ‘Blackjack’ or if the dealer goes bust.
- The player is dealt 2 face-up cards, and the dealer, one face-up and one face-down.
- If you want more cards to get a higher number, you’ll hit for more until you’re satisfied. If not, you’ll stand. This is where the strategy comes into play.
UK Blackjack Explained
Those are the basic rules of the standard version, and there are other actions that you can take other than hitting or standing. These are to double, split, and take insurance as some examples:
- Split – Usually if you have a pair or two 10-value cards in your first set, you can place another bet and split them into 2 hands. Splitting works a little differently in this version, for example you can’t split pairs of 4’s, 5’s or 10’s and after splitting Aces you’re only permitted to hit for one more card.
- Double – Generally you can double your bet and hit for one more card. In UK Blackjack you can only double if your points are equal to 9, 10, or 11, and if you double your wager and the dealer has ‘Blackjack’ then it’s a push.
- Insurance – If the dealer has an Ace card as his face-up card, the player can take out insurance to protect his wager in the case of a ‘Blackjack’. In this version you can only buy insurance if you have ‘Blackjack’ in your hand.
You can also play this version in multi-hand mode, which you would activate at the beginning of the round. You can play up to 5 hands at a time, wagering different amounts on each hand if you choose to.
UK Blackjack is played all over the world and is a hit at our Casino Online. Players enjoy playing one of their favourite online casino games but still have some variety from the traditional version. As they say, variety is the spice of life and this is certainly the case with this version.