Terra Nova All-Suite Hotel and Monte Carlo Gaming Lounge - Jamaica
Elegant, stylish, seductive. The Terra Nova Hotel was originally built in 1924: a Great House in the classic European style. It was also once the home of Blanche Blackwell, mother of Island Records founder Chris.
Blanche famously had an affair with James Bond creator Ian Fleming, who was a frequent visitor and would almost certainly have enjoyed a drink at the hotel bar. With a back story like this, the Terra Nova Hotel and Monte Carlo Gaming Lounge is a Jamaican bucket list no brainer.
The Monte Carlo lounge was converted into a casino more than 10 years ago and delivers more than 8,000 square feet of gaming space, filled with 150 slot machines, horse racing and blackjack machines, as well as the ubiquitous roulette tables.
An beautiful 20 foot mahogany bar provides the perfect perch for a break from the action and the hotel’s late night food won the Jamaica Observer’s ‘Best Late Night Bite’ award. Wash it all down with a dry martini and you’ll be betting on 007.
- Open Sundays to Thursday from 11am to 4am, and Fridays and Saturdays from 11am to 6am
- Games include roulette, blackjack, slots, and horse racing machines
- More than 150 gaming machines
- Off track betting
- Complimentary drinks and snacks
- 48 luxury rooms and suites
- Boutique hotel
- Outdoor pool, hot tub, and terrace
- Fully equipped gym and spa
- 24 hour room service and concierge
- Award winning restaurants, serving Champagne high tea, patisserie, Sunday brunch, and both casual and fine dining
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2012, 2013, 2014
- Bob Marley Museum: dedicated to the life of reggae legend Robert Marley, the Bob Marley Museum was formerly the musician’s home and the houses the studio where many of Marley’s classic tracks were cut
- Devon House Heritage Site: built in 1891, Devon House was the home of Jamaica’s first black millionaire. Today, it hosts a range of restaurants and a fine collection of 19th century antiques.
The hotel offers both a limousine service and airport pick up
There is secure on-site parking
Hotel Contact Information
|Address:||17 Waterloo Road, Kingston 10, Jamaica|