Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Three thousand years ago, ancient Egyptians were playing dice in the shadow of the Pyramids. Some things never change. Today, you can still enjoy a gamble in one of the most amazing cities on the planet.
The Cairo Marriott Hotel and Omar Khayyam Casino has history, class, a modern world-class casino, 15 restaurants, and six acres of elegantly landscaped gardens. All this and exceptional views of Cairo and the Nile. It’s an amazing place to enjoy a game of blackjack.
The hotel was built in 1869 by Egyptian ruler Khedive Ismail, to impress the wife of Napoleon III and to celebrate the inauguration of the Suez Canal. In the next 100 years, the hotel was taken over by the British, nationalized, was the venue for lavish parties, and was finally bought by its current owners in the 1970s.
Today, this centrally located hotel is a five-star destination in the heart of Cairo. The Omar Khayyam casino is relatively small but has all the gaming facilities you need to enjoy yourself. There are 15 tables in play, including blackjack, oasis stud, and roulette.
There are a whopping 15 restaurants in the hotel to choose from, offering everything from sushi and Italian to traditional English pub grub and an American steak house.
Most of Cairo’s world famous sights and attractions are just a stone’s throw away from the hotel. If it all gets too much at the tables, this is the perfect place to escape and discover the ancient world.
- 15 gaming tables, including blackjack, roulette, and stud poker
- 80 slots including progressive jackpot games
- 12 electronic roulette games
- Open 24 hours a day
- 1,087 rooms and suites with views of Cairo and the Nile
- 24 hour room service
- Six acres of landscaped gardens
- 15 onsite restaurants
- Fitness and health centre
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Built in 1869 by Khedive Ismail, the hotel is an historic icon
- The Pyramids – one of the seven wonders of the world
- Khan Ali-Khalili – Cairo’s open air market
- Al Azhar Park – one of the world’s great public spaces
- The Hanging Church – the most famous Coptic church in Cairo
- The Sphinx at Giza
- Felucca Ride on the Nile
- Egyptian Museum – mind-boggling antiquities
The hotel is 25.5 km away from Cairo International Airport. There is no shuttle service but meet, assist, and transportation can be arranged – reservation required. Taxi fare is about $45. There are several public transport options.
Hotel Contact Information
|Address:||16 Saray El Gezira Street, Cairo, 11211 Egypt|
|Email:||Use website form|