Le Terrou-Bi Hotel and Casino - Senegal
Senegal is renowned for its music. Yooussou N’Dour and Baaba Maal have given this small African country a reputation for rhythm that resonates around the world. Colour… vitality… life… Senegal has it all.
Le Terrou-Bi first opened its doors in 1986, as an ocean facing restaurant. It’s high-end cuisine was a success and over the years a casino, another restaurant, a swimming pool, and a beach area were added. In 2009, the hotel finally opened.
The casino is a modest affair but is earning a reputation as the hub of poker in West Africa, having recently hosted some major tours, including the popular Dakar Poker Tour.
Blackjack, roulette, and stud poker are available at the tables and there are more than 100 slots operating with a cashless card system.
Cuisine at the Terrou-Bi is second to none. Hungry punters can choose between the well-established high-end Gastronomique, or opt for one of the newer dining options: the Cote Ouest, Grain de Sel, Terrasse, or Marina Café.
If you don’t catch a winner in the casino, the hotel will arrange a sports fishing trip. Senegal is famous for its sailfish, blue marlin and tuna. Catch one and they will cook it for you.
The casino describes itself as ‘a gaming paradise’. In the case of Terrou-Bi, the reality actually lives up to the hype.
- Open from noon to 4am, on Fridays and Saturdays till 5am
- Ten games tables, including roulette, blackjack, and stud
- More than 100 slots and electronic roulette
- Poker room
- Minimum age 18
- Dress code casual
- Sports in the bar
- 118 rooms and suites
- Five star hotel
- 24 hour room service
- Five dining options
- Swimming pool and private beach
- Fitness room
- Business centre
- Les Mamelles – two hills with the best views of Dakar
- Thiossane – Youssou N’Dour’s nightclub
- The Medina – everyday life in the big market
- La Maison des Esclaves – fascinating glimpse into the dark history of slavery
- Lago Rosa – the red lake is actually pink
- La Galerie Antenna – African tribal art
- Place de l’independence – heart of the city
The hotel is a 20 minute drive from the Leopold Sedar Senghor International Airport. There is a regular shuttle service and a VIP limousine is available. You can also rent a vehicle directly from the hotel.
Hotel Contact Information
|Address:||Boulevard Martin Luther King, B.P. 1179 DAKAR|
|Telephone:||+221 33 839 90 39|
|Email:||Use website form|