Hotel Colbert and Casino - Madagascar
Madagascar is better known for its chocolate, chameleons, and lemurs than it is for its casinos but don’t let that put you off visiting this amazing country. The Hotel Colbert is located in the upscale neighbourhood of Antananarivo - the capital and largest city in Madagascar.
The country’s French colonial legacy is everywhere. The hotel has four dining options, including the compact Le Cellier for private fine dining, and Tavern which offers gourmet French cuisine for the more discerning palate.
The hotel also takes advantage of Madagascar’s most popular exports, with a patisserie celebrating the chocolate and vanilla grown on the island.
The casino is a very modest affair. There is a popular new electronic roulette table and 100 slots to enjoy, including video poker and linked progressive games. Poker lovers are well catered for, with weekly tournaments and ongoing cash games.
It’s not Las Vegas but the hotel has bags of character and colonial charm. Combine this with the exotic magic of Madagascar and it all adds up to a destination worth exploring. Just watch out for the lemurs.
- 100 slots
- Electronic roulette machine
- Weekly poker tournaments
- Random jackpots
- Open from 10am to 2am every day
- 100 rooms and suites
- Swimming pool
- Four restaurants and two bars
- 24 hour room service
- Spa Balneoforme Colbert – saunas, salt bath, hammam, and beauty salon
- Fitness centre
- Hotel patisserie
- Business centre
- Boutique shopping
- Rova – the royal palace overlooking Lac Anosy
- Musee Andafivaratra – a baroque palace celebrating the age of the Merina kings and queens
- Lac Anosy – spot the egrets
- La Varangue – gourmet dining and chocolate specialist
- Analakely Market – buy anything here
- Marche Artisanale de la Digue – arts and crafts destination
The hotel is about 30 minutes away from Ivato airport. There is a shuttle bus service available on request.
Hotel Contact Information
|Address:||29, Rue Prince Ratsimamanga, Antananarivo|
|Telephone:||+261 20 22 202 02|