Grand Hotel Kinshasa – Democratic Republic of the Congo
The Grand Hotel Kinshasa is a faded beauty with a remarkable history, thanks to two men and a boxing ring. In 1974, Muhammad Ali and George Foreman both rumbled in the jungle - making history in the process.
Then, the Grand Hotel was in her prime – as was a recently independent Congo. Sadly, the money ran out when the boxers left and the country has spiraled into decline, dictatorship, and anarchy.
Today, the signs are a little brighter in this strife-torn country. The Grand Hotel has recently been renovated and is still in business. Inside the hotel, a modest casino keeps gamblers entertained throughout the night. There’s a good chance Hunter S. Thompson played a hand of blackjack at these tables.
There are eight gaming tables. Games in play, include blackjack, roulette, and poker. Slots fans are well catered for with more than 100 to play.
There are three restaurants to choose from, as well as three bars. Kinshasa is the second largest French speaking city in the world and its Gallic credentials extend to cuisine. You will find pastries here good enough to rival Paris.
Billed as a five-star destination, Trip Advisor reviews warn visitors not to set expectations too high. There is still work to be done here.
However, if you want to tread in the footsteps of ‘The Greatest’, enjoy a stunning view of the Congo - the river that led Conrad to his heart of darkness, or simply soak up the very beating soul of deepest Africa, Congo promises to be an unforgettable experience. All this and you can find a game of blackjack,
- 21,000 sq ft gaming floor
- 8 table games
- 100 slots and electronic games
- open from 6pm to 8am daily
- 442 rooms and suites
- Seven conference rooms of varying sizes
- Four restaurants
- Shopping arcade
- Fitness room and gym
- Outside pool
- Room service
- Lola ya Bonobos – the only place you will see these unique creatures in the wild
- Zongo Falls – spectacular waterfalls
- Ma Vallee – stunning lake and scenery
- Kwilu Bar – legendary ex-pat hangout
- Virunga National Park – UNESCO park
- Nyiragongo Volcano – see a lava lake
- Matonge – Kinshasa’s nightlife scene
- Cafes – the French influence extends to cafés offering world-class pastries
The N’Djili Airport is a 45-minute drive away from the hotel. Contact reception to arrange a pick up. Taxis and public transport are available.
Casino Contact Information
|Address:||4 Avenue Batetela, 9535, KINSHASA|
|Telephone:||+243 815 553 001|