Hotel Barriere De Lille - France
If you want a little romance with your roulette and the chance to enjoy some haute cuisine as you play the casino, the Hotel Barriere could be a contender for your chip stack.
Located in Lille in the north of France, the Hotel Barriere is a stunning modern hotel opposite the town’s train station. The casino is the largest in the region, boasting more than 300 slots and 20 gaming tables, including rarely seen La Boule.
If you’re a keen casino player and like collecting new and national games, La Boule is definitely one for your list. The game is a simplified version of Roulette. The wheel still features 36 slots but only the numbers 1-9 which repeat four times. It’s worth a spin but be wary of a generous house edge!
As you would expect, the dining options are extraordinary. For fine dining, Les Hauts de Lille, under the patronage of head chef Michel Vico, serves up seasonal dishes on its popular market menu.
Overlooking the adjacent Parc des Dondaines, is the Terrasse du Parc. The 200-capacity brasserie has both an a la carte menu and buffet option for the hungry player.
Drinking options are also varied: Le Carre is a multi-screen sports bar, Le Boreal is all about cocktails and dancing, Escal ‘777 is perfect for a quick drink, and the star of the show is L’Ibar with its touch sensitive, fully interactive, bar counter (touch the bar and flowers appear).
Lille is widely considered to be one of France’s most underrated cities. In recent decades, this old industrial town has reinvented itself and is now renowned for its green credentials, beautiful city centre, and fine dining. All this and a world class casino to boot. Allez!
- Open 7pm to 4am Monday to Friday, 4pm to 4am weekends
- Strict dress code
- Adults only – minimum age 18
- 20 gaming tables, including boules
- 300 slots
- Stylish setting
- Four bars including L’Ibar – a 16 metre long touch screen counter
- Largest gaming area in the region
- 125 rooms designed by architect Jean-Paul Viguier
- Centrally located
- Two high end restaurants and four bars
- L’Escal Bien-Etre wellbeing centre – sauna, hamman and fitness centre
- Priority booking for the hotel’s 1,200 seat theatre
- Tempting mix of promotions and bonuses on offer
- La Citadelle – an elegant 70 hectare park in the heart of Lille
- Lille Zoo – bordering the park, the zoo has more than 70 animal species
- La Vielle Bourse – a flamboyantly decorated former trading exchange restored to Renaissance glory
- Eat in the Rue de Gand – enjoy a menu prix fixe at one of the street’s many restaurants
- Palais des Beaux Arts – after Paris, considered the finest museum in France
Lille – Lesquin Airport is a 10 minute drive. Roissy Charles De Gaulle Airport is 50 minutes by TGV direct train. Private monitored car parking is available on site at a small charge.
Hotel Contact Information
|Address:||777 Bis Pont de Flandres, 59777 Lille, France|
|Telephone:||+33 (0)3 28 14 45 00|
|Email:||Use website contact form|